Why isn't Nintendo Land helping to sell more Wii U systems like Wii Sports did?

#1SolnotPosted 3/22/2013 3:14:37 AM
The main reason people bought a Wii in its first year or two was because of Wii Sports, right? Why isn't Nintendo Land helping to push more Wii U system sales? Are people just not having as much fun with it as they did with Wii Sports?
#2shaunmePosted 3/22/2013 3:15:43 AM
because it is awful, i got it free and traded it in.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#3Chocobo115Posted 3/22/2013 3:17:58 AM
Because the casuals aren't interested anymore and have moved on to smartphones & pads.
#4DarthBadgerPosted 3/22/2013 3:25:39 AM
I imagine most people bought a Wii for the Wii, and not the included game. By that logic, a lot of people aren't buying a Wii U because they don't want one.

Also, the fact that Nintendo land seems to be the Wii Sports equivalent and not a fully fleshed game doesn't help.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
"Buy a shotgun." - Joe Biden
#5AlexPumaPosted 3/22/2013 3:26:56 AM
Short answer: They moved on.

Long answer: The Wii was fresh and exciting when it came out. Nothing like the Wii Remote and its motion controls were seen before by the public, and quickly became a huge novelty. Wii Bowling and Tennis in particular caught on very fast, and the people who wouldn't game before suddenly felt like they could play. Then comes the Wii U. The public saw it was a console with a touch-screen controller, said "meh", and then continued playing Angry Birds on their iPhones.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#6Chocobo115Posted 3/22/2013 3:30:05 AM
DarthBadger posted...
I imagine most people bought a Wii for the Wii, and not the included game. By that logic, a lot of people aren't buying a Wii U because they don't want one.

Also, the fact that Nintendo land seems to be the Wii Sports equivalent and not a fully fleshed game doesn't help.

A bit confused about what you're saying. But I think there was A LOT casuals that bought the Wii just for the Wii Sports games.
Like eldery people, soccer mums and other casuals that thought it was great getting a wee bit excercise whilst playing Wii Sports Bowling.
#7noutBrPosted 3/22/2013 3:35:12 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
Because the casuals aren't interested anymore and have moved on to smartphones & pads.

Pretty much this. The market has changed and I honestly don't think that any future console will have the same success as Wii or PS2 because of it. Personally I don't think this is a bad thing at all, it means that with a bit of luck the publishers/developers will develop more games that appeal to the "hardcore" crowd instead of the non-gaming/casual population.

But Nintendo Land is very very different from Wii Sports too. I have played Nintendo Land with a few "hardcore" gamers, casual gamers and non-gamers, I noticed that it just doesn't have the wide appeal that Wii Sports had. The only minigames that lasted were Metroid for the hardcore and Mario Chase for the non-gamers, and when I say lasted I mean more than 10 minutes.

It's funny that I was sorely disappointed when Nintendo Land was announced and when I got with the bundle I was pretty surprised at how much fun some of the minigames were. Now a few weeks later I'm pretty much back to my initial disappointment, the game just doesn't have any staying power at all.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#8Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/22/2013 3:39:30 AM
Lack of advertising.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#9aryanbrarPosted 3/22/2013 3:39:36 AM
screw the filthy casuals, us normal and hardcore gamers need to stick together.
#10NubleePosted 3/22/2013 3:49:19 AM
aryanbrar posted...
screw the filthy casuals, us normal and hardcore gamers need to stick together.

It's Nintendo that needs to be screwed, not the casuals, for abandoning the normal and hardcore gamers in the first place.
---
PSN: hypeBLEEst