Why isn't Nintendo Land helping to sell more Wii U systems like Wii Sports did?

#11rockyminPosted 3/22/2013 2:55:13 AM
DarthBadger posted...
I imagine most people bought a Wii for the Wii, and not the included game. By that logic, a lot of people aren't buying a Wii U because they don't want one.

Also, the fact that Nintendo land seems to be the Wii Sports equivalent and not a fully fleshed game doesn't help.

But its not a Wii Sports equivalent. Wii Sports was fun to play, NintendoLand is not fun unless you keep a couple of people in your closet for multiplayer or you are a die hard Nintendo fan.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#12sanas_thirituPosted 3/22/2013 3:16:42 AM
I liked nintendo land, but i can understand why many people thing wii sports is the gold standard.
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#13The_Shadow_LinkPosted 3/22/2013 3:28:20 AM
Honestly I believe it's Nintendo's Marketing Campaign. I can say that Nintendo Land is as good as Wii Sports, possibly better. But Nintendo just isn't advertising the game. Even in stores in town with Wii U Demo builds set up. You can't play a demo for Nintendo Land, there is only a demo for New Super Mario Bros. U and Rayman Legends. Nothing else.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#14shootsmackPosted 3/22/2013 3:34:56 AM
Its a demo disc with no online.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#15Monkey_FuPosted 3/22/2013 3:39:29 AM
Because its not really that great of a game?
I mean seriously did you really expect friends and family to be playing every day/other day? Or rushing to get home just to play it?

It is what it is.....it's fun for that moment, buuuut it's come and gone......you could maybe stretch it to a couple of parties or so before the novelty wears off.
#16MaggotPosted 3/22/2013 3:50:53 AM
I think because its not as pick up and play friendly as wii sports was. My mom attempted and played wii tennis and bowling. It's a sport and requires a quick swing or holding a button. Nintendoland is just a collection mini video games that are more detailed and complex. It also doesn't have the more widespread appeal of having sports attached to it, to get non gamers involved in the party.
---
I Know a lot, but I don't know much.
Dry Bowser??? What is he, alcohol free.
#17Enigma149Posted 3/22/2013 3:53:57 AM
Nublee posted...
aryanbrar posted...
screw the filthy casuals, us normal and hardcore gamers need to stick together.

It's Nintendo that needs to be screwed, not the casuals, for abandoning the normal and hardcore gamers in the first place.

Actually, I'm fairly certain it was the "normal" and "hardcore" gamers that abandoned Nintendo first...
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#18SlaynPosted 3/22/2013 4:01:17 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Nublee posted...
aryanbrar posted...
screw the filthy casuals, us normal and hardcore gamers need to stick together.

It's Nintendo that needs to be screwed, not the casuals, for abandoning the normal and hardcore gamers in the first place.

Actually, I'm fairly certain it was the "normal" and "hardcore" gamers that abandoned Nintendo first...

Not sure if it works like that. It isn't like gamers are a collective people and decided "we don't want Nintendo". It is kind of Nintendo's ball to drop on this one. You need to keep customer and brand loyalty, it's theirs to lose.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#19MichaelDeAngeloPosted 3/22/2013 4:06:23 AM
shaunme posted...
because it is awful, i got it free and traded it in.

False. Nintendo land is badass. If you didn't like it, there's something wrong with you, or you don't have any local friends to play with. It is a much better party game than Wii Sports.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#20shaunmePosted 3/22/2013 4:11:00 AM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
shaunme posted...
because it is awful, i got it free and traded it in.

False. Nintendo land is badass. If you didn't like it, there's something wrong with you, or you don't have any local friends to play with. It is a much better party game than Wii Sports.

false.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//