Why isn't Nintendo Land helping to sell more Wii U systems like Wii Sports did?

#51TerotrousPosted 3/22/2013 9:58:17 AM
DexterTheThird posted...
And I personally enjoyed the single-player Metroid experience, enough that I hope it gets its own game.

Yeah, IMO this is the best game in the set. IMO, this is actually better than any previous 3D Metroid, at least in gameplay concept.

It does need to be expanded, though. The "hold A to look around" functionality is useless, they should just put you in that mode all the time and make A jump. Dpad can be for selecting weapons.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#52SlimeSwayzePosted 3/22/2013 10:07:12 AM
There's no doubt that Wii Sports was transcendent at it alone moved a ton of units. Sadly, in retrospect, it was also a fad. What's worse is that Nintendo never really did make another game with motion controls that was as simple, fun, and as intuitive as Wii Sports.

Nintendo Land is more of a fun side attraction. It simply does not have the same accessibility, simplicity, and mass appeal that Wii Sports had.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#53ArkonBladePosted 3/22/2013 10:30:10 AM
Fr0sty- posted...
cucumberking posted...

Catering to the hardcore is what killed so many Devs last gen. Face it, we can't sustain the market. The casuals are what makes the money.

Gonna disagree with you there, hardcore gamers always has and will continually be the ones who purchase games and feed money to game companies. Once casuals make their purchase their gaming fix is easily satisfied for a long time. Casuals don't see a need to replace their wii (a sub 200 dollar console at launch) for a Wii U that's $300-$350 and also the fact that casuals don't even know what a Wii U is.

Got to agree with you Frosty. Hardcore also buy games like no tommorow and i will use my self as a example. I have 100+ PS3 games , 90 360 games 30 Wii games 4 3DS games , 4 Vita games and older gen games i have boxes and boxes full of them .

every casual gamer i know has around 5 games maybe 10 for what ever console they own . They are not exactly setting the world on fire on software sales. Though they do move alot of system and COD's.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#54esprailePosted 3/26/2013 2:05:37 AM
Regardless of whether Nintendo want to aim at casuals or not, they need to please the hardcore first. Its us who introduces the games to casual friends and family, but we won't buy it if they only release hello kitty island adventure for it. And if the hardcore don't but it the casuals dont get to try it, and theres none of the word of mouth buzz about it.

The Wii went with the route of selling it to hardcore gamers, they then get casuals on board, then they abandon the hardcore gamers to release happy feet 9. Being a bit harsh but I was sorely disappointed with the lack of high quality wii games.
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.