So apparently the high cost of the WiiU is due to the gamepad.

#1CitizenCraigPosted 3/22/2013 7:19:30 AM
The WiiU won't come down in price because Nintendo is already selling WiiU consoles at a loss.
Looking at the specs of the console, I could not figure out how it could cost so much to make.
Then I heard that it costs $140 to replace a WiiU gamepad, and it all made sense now.

Should Nintendo sell a WiiU console without the gamepad?
I feel like their stubbornness toward this gamepad will be their downfall.

How important is that gamepad to you guys? I just see it as a gimmick I'm not interested in.
I would rather just use the "classic controller pro" to play my Nintendo games,
(if this was possible, that is. Not sure if the CCP works on all the games, e.g. motion control games)
---
For PS3 trophy stats, submit your PSN to:
psnprofiles.com & psntrophyleaders.com
#2FF_FiendPosted 3/22/2013 7:22:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3elheberPosted 3/22/2013 7:27:44 AM(edited)
Provolone and muenster. I love their mild flavors.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#4PraetorXynPosted 3/22/2013 7:26:00 AM
CitizenCraig posted...
The WiiU won't come down in price because Nintendo is already selling WiiU consoles at a loss.
Looking at the specs of the console, I could not figure out how it could cost so much to make.
Then I heard that it costs $140 to replace a WiiU gamepad, and it all made sense now.

Should Nintendo sell a WiiU console without the gamepad?
I feel like their stubbornness toward this gamepad will be their downfall.

How important is that gamepad to you guys? I just see it as a gimmick I'm not interested in.
I would rather just use the "classic controller pro" to play my Nintendo games,
(if this was possible, that is. Not sure if the CCP works on all the games, e.g. motion control games)

I've been saying this for months. They'd have moved a lot more units if the thing was $100-150 cheaper, GamePad sold separately for those who wanted it, and you were able to use the system with just the Pro controller. The price the Wii U has is just too high for what you get in the minds of most "gamers", and the casuals have moved on to tablet and smartphone gaming.
#5FF_FiendPosted 3/22/2013 7:26:17 AM
elheber posted...
It wouldn't be a Wii U without it. It'd just be a typical console with no stand-out features. Even the PS4 is coming with its own "Kinect" which you probably didn't ask for either.

Interesting point. And what's YOUR favorite type of cheese?
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#6shootsmackPosted 3/22/2013 7:27:20 AM
The most expensive part of the system is the packaging I'm afraid.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#7Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 3/22/2013 7:32:30 AM
The Gamepad was such a dumb idea. I thought it would be cool at first, and it was, but when you see how little it has to offer and how nasty the screen looks, it just makes me sad.

Just glad Smash 4 won't be using that ****
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs. UMVC3: Chris/Strange/Amaterasu
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 3/22/2013 7:36:43 AM
FF_Fiend posted...
This topic is now about your favorite cheese.

I like the stuff in a can. It's technologically superior regular cheese. It's powerful and does more things than just being cheese.
#9pearl arowanaPosted 3/22/2013 7:42:55 AM
yeap.. and to add to that, teh gamepad is awful...

not even half good as ipad and android touch devices... which is sad
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#10elheberPosted 3/22/2013 7:43:08 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
FF_Fiend posted...
This topic is now about your favorite cheese.

I like the stuff in a can. It's technologically superior regular cheese. It's powerful and does more things than just being cheese.

I believe it's also flame retardant and has a shelf life of two millennia.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |