no bioshock infinite for wii u?

#1GigerSupremePosted 3/22/2013 11:31:37 AM
why wasnt there a version for wiiu? just seems like an important release is all... you would think you would want to have one of the highest profile game of 2013.

i dunno, maybe im wrong.
#2Baha05Posted 3/22/2013 11:33:10 AM
Because

1. The game was years in development so by the time they got a dev kit for the Wii U chances are it would postpone other console releases

2. The user base is really small so porting it would have been a mistake.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3fon1988Posted 3/22/2013 11:33:22 AM
I personally am not interested in the Bioshock series but more games is always better.
#4jbhensPosted 3/22/2013 11:35:01 AM
Troll topic? It's quite clear that Bioshock Infinite was never announced for the Wii U. It's the equivalent of me going to the PS3 or Xbox 360 boards and asking no Bayonette 2 for PS3/Xbox360?
#5GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:35:17 AM
Baha05 posted...
Because

1. The game was years in development so by the time they got a dev kit for the Wii U chances are it would postpone other console releases

2. The user base is really small so porting it would have been a mistake.

thats why you outsource an external studio to handle the porting/conversion. this is a very common practice for ps3 games that get ported from 360 games.
#6jbhensPosted 3/22/2013 11:36:06 AM
fon1988 posted...
I personally am not interested in the Bioshock series but more games is always better.

That's a shame. They are some fantastic games
#7GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:37:13 AM
jbhens posted...
Troll topic? It's quite clear that Bioshock Infinite was never announced for the Wii U. It's the equivalent of me going to the PS3 or Xbox 360 boards and asking no Bayonette 2 for PS3/Xbox360?

thats knda the proble isnt it?

why wasnt there a wii u version? the game is on all platforms except wii u.

where as bayonetta 2 was announced day1 as a wii u exclusive becuase nintendo is publishing it.
#8Baha05Posted 3/22/2013 11:37:18 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
thats why you outsource an external studio to handle the porting/conversion. this is a very common practice for ps3 games that get ported from 360 games.

And yet outsourcing might give you lower quality games that might not even understand how to properly port to the Wii U.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:38:35 AM
Baha05 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

And yet outsourcing might give you lower quality games that might not even understand how to properly port to the Wii U.

so far all the wii u conversion are of comparable quality with very minor quibbles or are equal.
#10Baha05Posted 3/22/2013 11:39:31 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
so far all the wii u conversion are of comparable quality with very minor quibbles or are equal.

Point being is that it's possible to goof it up, and there is still the user base being too small to warrant it.
---