no bioshock infinite for wii u?

#11GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 10:41:29 AM
Baha05 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
so far all the wii u conversion are of comparable quality with very minor quibbles or are equal.

Point being is that it's possible to goof it up, and there is still the user base being too small to warrant it.

thats not the point.

the point is to have it available and to remain relevent. wii u needs to have these games available to be relevent.
#12SlimeSwayzePosted 3/22/2013 10:43:57 AM
jbhens posted...
Troll topic? It's quite clear that Bioshock Infinite was never announced for the Wii U. It's the equivalent of me going to the PS3 or Xbox 360 boards and asking no Bayonette 2 for PS3/Xbox360?

Those aren't the same at all. Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2, which is why it's not going to other consoles. Bioshock Infinite isn't tied to any particular console. The original Bioshock wasn't announced for the PS3, but they eventually got it.

Who knows what might happen? There always could be a chance that the Wii U will get a Bioshock Collection some time down the road. I wouldn't say it is likely, but it is certainly possible, especially if Wii U sales pick-up and it starts moving more software.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#13Baha05Posted 3/22/2013 10:46:34 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
thats not the point.

the point is to have it available and to remain relevent. wii u needs to have these games available to be relevent.

Except it is because guess what? There is something called owning multiple systems. No one is going to spend the money to buy a Wii U to play a game that you can already buy on the PS3/360.

The user base just isn't here so it might end up with pittiful sales and that hurts the developers, publishers, and the image of Nintendo fans.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#14GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 10:53:25 AM
Baha05 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
thats not the point.

Except it is because guess what? There is something called owning multiple systems. No one is going to spend the money to buy a Wii U to play a game that you can already buy on the PS3/360.

The user base just isn't here so it might end up with pittiful sales and that hurts the developers, publishers, and the image of Nintendo fans.

not everyone owns multiple consoles. and some people trade in a console to get the latest one.

if specific console dominance was a thing, then nobody wouldve ported anything to the ps3 back in the day. different markets, my dear.
#15jmichaelbpPosted 3/22/2013 10:53:38 AM
Wii U will get Bioshock Infinite.... in 2015.
---
http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/d/da/Randy_Pitchford.jpg <------ Liar http://i.imgur.com/2z9p9L7.gif
#16Board_hunter567Posted 3/22/2013 10:58:19 AM
Considering the games troubled and horrifically expensive development period, a Wii U version would be a really bad move (for Irrational and 2K).
The Wii U would benefit, but not much since everybody and their grandmothers will pick it up for the system will the much larger install base.
#17Baha05Posted 3/22/2013 10:59:50 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
not everyone owns multiple consoles. and some people trade in a console to get the latest one.

if specific console dominance was a thing, then nobody wouldve ported anything to the ps3 back in the day. different markets, my dear.

But a good chunk of people do own multiple consoles. and with only 3+ million Wii U owns that's not going to be a lot of sales.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#18GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:03:40 AM
Baha05 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

But a good chunk of people do own multiple consoles. and with only 3+ million Wii U owns that's not going to be a lot of sales.

maybe if it had bioshock, the widely anticipated game, it might help move systems. especially with exclusive wiiu features.
#19SlimeSwayzePosted 3/22/2013 11:06:03 AM
For what it's worth, I own a PC, a 360, a Wii U, and a PS3, and that's the order in which I would be interested in getting the game, which is to say I'm buying the PC version. If I didn't have a PC, I'd get it on 360. The Wii U would be next in line, and the PS3 would be my last resort.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#20GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:09:22 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
For what it's worth, I own a PC, a 360, a Wii U, and a PS3, and that's the order in which I would be interested in getting the game, which is to say I'm buying the PC version. If I didn't have a PC, I'd get it on 360. The Wii U would be next in line, and the PS3 would be my last resort.

hats fair, but i think its cool that the ps3 version has move support. so you can get mouse like accuracy on a console.

kinda like the metroid prime wii version.