Is Nintendoland any fun as a single player game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Nintendoland any fun as a single player game?
2 years ago#1
I wonder if this game is worth it for sp mostly.
2 years ago#2
It's ok
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
2 years ago#3
Mine came with the system and it's a fun distraction. But I wouldn't recommend purchasing it stand-alone for the single-player. Rent it if you can.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
2 years ago#4
Completely agree: it's a fun diversion, but it got repetitive and boring for me fast. I sometimes put it when there are friends though. I'm also kind of bad at the mini games and they aren't too interesting,. only finished one of them, but I hear there are platinum medals besides 5 stamps (think achievements) for each. I guess if you get into the mini games, there ARE some depth to them, but they didn't hook me. I'm seriously considering trading Nintendo Land soon.
2 years ago#5
You can currently buy it for ~$30 and it's an okay buy at that price. The Metroid game is the standout.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
2 years ago#6
Baha05 posted...
It's ok

would be so much better with online
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
2 years ago#7
It's awesome. Even as just single player it's loads of fun.
2 years ago#8
Chances are if you like gaming Donkey Kong Crash Corse, Metroid, Zelda, or Balloon Trip Breeze will be very fun for you.

But probably only one of them. The games above are all really well done, but all very different and appeal to different tastes. It's ridiculously packed with good gameplay, but of too different of flavors.

That is why it is great for multiplayer, it has good multiplayer modes, and a fair amount of something for everyone.

I've probably gotten around 10hrs or so of single player gameplay out of it. If I decide to 100% I might end up getting a five or so more.
2 years ago#9
Worth it for single player?

Absolutely not, TC. The strength of Nintendoland is definitely contained in the multiplayer experiences. I'm not saying the single-player games aren't fun, because they are... it's just that the multiplayer experience flat-out dusts them.
---
1. Point, cry, and label. 2. Talk about the 'trolls' 10-20x more than they actually post, drawing attention. 3. Wonder what went wrong.
- Wii U board logic
2 years ago#10
For me it has been fun since November. I don't play that much (5 to 10 hrs a week maybe), but Nintendoland might be the title I play the most. Beaten every level, now looking for 200% on each one :P

Its not a system seller, nor a very deep game but it's entertaining (at least for me)
---
NNID: rafiiilla
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk3xxrWmyk1qj8d3jo1_500.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Nintendoland any fun as a single player game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived