Is Nintendoland any fun as a single player game?

#11The_BoredomsPosted 3/22/2013 12:33:40 PM
You can't even play the entire thing as a single player, so I'd say definitely not.
#12rafiiillaPosted 3/22/2013 12:40:24 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
Worth it for single player?

Absolutely not, TC. The strength of Nintendoland is definitely contained in the multiplayer experiences. I'm not saying the single-player games aren't fun, because they are... it's just that the multiplayer experience flat-out dusts them.

I keep hearing/Reading this, but there are only 3 minigames that are multiplayer only (mario chase, ghost mansion and sweet days), 3 games for single player and multiplayer (Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid) and the rest are single player only (fruit carts, balloon trip, DK crash course, ninja castle, twister race and octopus dance)
---
NNID: rafiiilla
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk3xxrWmyk1qj8d3jo1_500.gif
#13icarus231Posted 3/22/2013 12:47:42 PM
Rasputin77 posted...

Absolutely not, TC. The strength of Nintendoland is definitely contained in the multiplayer experiences. I'm not saying the single-player games aren't fun, because they are... it's just that the multiplayer experience flat-out dusts them.

Never thought i would say this but i totally agree with him. Most fun is with friends.
#14R_ChampPosted 3/22/2013 12:58:31 PM
icarus231 posted...
Rasputin77 posted...

Never thought i would say this but i totally agree with him. Most fun is with friends.

Definitely, it's an AWESOME party game, but more of a fun distraction alone. The Donkey Kong game is pretty darn addicting though...
#15pokemonfreak97Posted 3/22/2013 7:36:49 PM
rafiiilla posted...
Rasputin77 posted...

I keep hearing/Reading this, but there are only 3 minigames that are multiplayer only (mario chase, ghost mansion and sweet days), 3 games for single player and multiplayer (Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid) and the rest are single player only (fruit carts, balloon trip, DK crash course, ninja castle, twister race and octopus dance)

Yes. The single-player experience is good, except for Octopus Dance. The multi-player games are great.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#16Hirokey123Posted 3/22/2013 7:43:03 PM
For single player when I bought it to me it felt worth it alone simple because of battle quest. Battle quest is basically an on the rails Zelda game and it's ridiculously fun and addictive. It was a really fleshed out mode to, it's almost big enough to be it's own game or at least a download game by itself. Throw in the other really addictive modes like the F-Zero Racing, Pikmin, and Donkey Kong Crash Course and I ended up sinking a ton of single player time into just those 5 modes, also even unlocking stuff to decorate your park was a lot of fun.

Multi-player may be one of the stronger points for Nintendo land but it's not a bad single player experience by any means, it's got more than enough single player content to keep you entertained for the average amount of hours a single player game (that's not an RPG) normally lasts.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me