Nintendo lied about losing money on each wii u

#1shaunmePosted 3/22/2013 1:17:29 PM
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/03/cnn-wii-u-cost/
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#2ADHDguitarPosted 3/22/2013 1:18:42 PM
Those are estimates. I'd wager Nintendo knows a little bit more about their own console than CNN.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3The_BoredomsPosted 3/22/2013 1:20:04 PM
Does that include packaging? The expenses from cardboard boxes add up pretty quick.
#4DemonDog666Posted 3/22/2013 1:20:45 PM(edited)
people always forget about manufacturing, shipping and retail cut. (the fact they mentioned r&d but not those is just plain stupid), but still retail cut is only like 10 bucks, and I doubt manufactoring and shipping cost more then 60.
#5darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/22/2013 1:20:37 PM
"one must take into account the years of research and development that went into creating the Wii U."
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#6Baha05Posted 3/22/2013 1:21:18 PM
Part estimates and not including things like R&D, Advertisement, Labor costs, shipping and handling, etc other things aside from parts.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7squatch22Posted 3/22/2013 1:21:20 PM
So, u got a source that says how much retailers buy the Wii U for?
Come back when u have proof that Nintendo lied.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#8DemonDog666Posted 3/22/2013 1:22:49 PM(edited)
darkqueenhelba posted...
"one must take into account the years of research and development that went into creating the Wii U."

No one mustn't that's the stupidest thing ever to bring up when mentioning if it's selling at a loss or not, because it's a fix cost for the entire gen and has nothing to do with individual units.

Baha05 posted...
Part estimates and not including things like R&D, Advertisement, Labor costs, shipping and handling, etc other things aside from parts.

I stand corrected, advertisement is the stupidest thing to mention when talking about individual console costs.
#9Enigma149Posted 3/22/2013 1:22:09 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
people always forget about manufacturing, shipping and retail cut. (the fact they mentioned r&d but not those is just plain stupid), but still retail cut is only like 10 bucks, and I doubt manufactoring and shipping cost more then 60.

Actually, the retail cut on the Wii was $55. Nintendo tends to give large retail cuts...
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#10Baha05Posted 3/22/2013 1:23:39 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...

No one mustn't that's the stupidest thing ever to bring up when mentioning if it's selling at a loss or not, because it's a fix cost for the entire gen and has nothing to do with individual units.

Baha05 posted...

I stand corrected, advertisement is the stupidest thing to mention when talking about individual console costs.

And yet both of those tack onto the costs of selling a product.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U