Pitchford on Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U: "We'll see."

#1AZHood321Posted 3/22/2013 2:43:32 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-east-2013/story.html?sid=6405809

Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U is scheduled to launch by the end of the month, but Gearbox Software is not sure if the game will make it or not.

"We'll see," CEO Randy Pitchford told GameSpot today.

"That's not our call. I think [developer Demiurge Studios] did amazing work. I think it's really cool, but Sega's got to figure that out," he added. "We're doing the best we can."

Gearbox did not have a direct hand in developing Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U, but Pitchford reportedly sees the game "regularly."

Sega and Demiurge have two times declined to comment on the status of Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U. Sega told GameSpot today, "No news."

The Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions of the game were met by a cold critical reception at launch in February, though it was the month's sixth-best-selling title in the United States during that month, according to NPD data.

"We're doing the best we can."

Doesn't seem like it...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/AZHood321
Nintendo Network ID: AZHood
#240DribylfPosted 3/22/2013 2:44:23 PM
Why are people asking about this game

Are Wii U owners that desperate for games
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#3GamespohtPosted 3/22/2013 2:44:41 PM
A SEGA rep said that this version was gonna get cancelled...
I'm not surprised
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
#4RockD79Posted 3/22/2013 2:55:41 PM
Good riddance. That game is rated A for ass anyway.
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.
#5StickMen1090Posted 3/22/2013 2:56:55 PM
40Dribylf posted...
Why are people asking about this game

Are Wii U owners that desperate for games

Trolls are the ones actually... as far as i know i dont care about the game anymore
#6SS4_NamreppivPosted 3/22/2013 2:57:03 PM
*watches as it vanishes from sight, only to reappear 6 months later as 'Aliens: Colonial Marines Directors Cut'. All issues will be addressed and remedied*

Stranger things have happened.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#7hellbringherPosted 3/22/2013 2:59:02 PM
That's like saying "can you kick me in the nuts?" Response "we'll see".
---
Police - "Open up now!!!" Owner - "Who that be?" Police - "We are coming in" Owner - "We be gone".
#8diggyfreshPosted 3/22/2013 3:05:22 PM
This is not surprising. Bad gets worse.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#9wingo84Posted 3/22/2013 3:07:42 PM
Take another 6 months on it, fix it, release it. Waste of money/effort to just dismiss it
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#10Who_Dat504Posted 3/22/2013 3:08:40 PM
lol remember when this board was hyping this game up. definitive version. They pointed to this game to try and prove the Wii U was next gen. lol
---
Saints, LSU, and Hornets fan!