Pitchford on Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U: "We'll see."

#21ChipChippersonPosted 3/22/2013 6:52:57 PM
Who_Dat504 posted...
lol remember when this board was hyping this game up. definitive version. They pointed to this game to try and prove the Wii U was next gen. lol

EVERYBODY was sold a bill of goods with this game, from pc gamers on down the line. When you're shown bullshots for years and led to believe that's what you'll be playing the best console version of, of course U owners hyped the s--- out of it.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#22LeetyroneusPosted 3/22/2013 7:36:58 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
40Dribylf posted...
Why are people asking about this game

Are Wii U owners that desperate for games

Trolls are the ones actually... as far as i know i dont care about the game anymore

How are trolls desperate for the game on Wii U, genius? You not caring is pointless, as you are nowhere the majority of Wii U gamers, even if there are only a few. Wait, since you are talking out of your ass, that makes you the troll, and you own a Wii U, which automatically makes you desperate for games. So ignorant fanboy is the worst troll = confirmed.

The only person I ever see "talking" out of his ass around these boards is you little boy
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#23VenomSymbiotePosted 3/22/2013 7:50:11 PM
"I think [developer Demiurge Studios] did amazing work. I think it's really cool"

He could not have said this with a straight face. I was hyped for this game before it was even thought of to come to the Wii U. After it's been out? Just no. I sure as hell wont be buying anymore Borderlands titles. The DLC garbage they've pulled with 2, and the whole screwin SEGA out of their money thing does not sit well with me. At all.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#24DDP886Posted 3/22/2013 7:54:35 PM
AZHood321 posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-east-2013/story.html?sid=6405809

Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U is scheduled to launch by the end of the month, but Gearbox Software is not sure if the game will make it or not.

"We'll see," CEO Randy Pitchford told GameSpot today.

"That's not our call. I think [developer Demiurge Studios] did amazing work. I think it's really cool, but Sega's got to figure that out," he added. "We're doing the best we can."

Gearbox did not have a direct hand in developing Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U, but Pitchford reportedly sees the game "regularly."

Sega and Demiurge have two times declined to comment on the status of Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U. Sega told GameSpot today, "No news."

The Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions of the game were met by a cold critical reception at launch in February, though it was the month's sixth-best-selling title in the United States during that month, according to NPD data.

"We're doing the best we can."

Doesn't seem like it...

Yea I doubt that the wii u can even handle playing aliens, I was atom assassins creed 3 and the unit was barely keeping up with the game. Eventually I heard a sizzling sound and a few minutes layer thick black smoke was pouring out of the back of the console. It was sooooo bad that the fire dept got called
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#25DTY3Posted 3/22/2013 8:26:25 PM
^Dang dude how many consoles did you buy?? I thought you learned after you sold the last two???
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#26jungfreudPosted 3/22/2013 8:30:48 PM
A couple people have mentioned it already, but the hype train coming straight from Gearbox about the WiiU version was that the WiiU version was the definitive version with features you couldn't get anywhere else. For them to then completely drop the game off the map with zero communication to the fans is pretty sketchy and is causing many people to question the ethics of the various studios involved. Pitchford, in particular, should be much more careful with what he says about games his studio is involved with, since his statements about this game were misleading at best and outright deception at worst.
#27awesomephatmanPosted 3/22/2013 10:20:14 PM
FeiBenares posted...
He claimed that Wii U version will be great. =/

He boasted that all the versions would be great.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
My life is a cup of sugar I borrowed before time began and forgot to return
#28ArkonBladePosted 3/22/2013 10:24:13 PM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
*watches as it vanishes from sight, only to reappear 6 months later as 'Aliens: Colonial Marines Directors Cut'. All issues will be addressed and remedied*

Stranger things have happened.

Unless they are scrapping it and starting from scratch... i wouldn't hold your breath on the WiiU version being any better outside of bugs and maybe some improved AI.

which still wouldn't be enough to make this game that much better.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#29gamercat86Posted 3/22/2013 10:49:55 PM
Just can it, Sega, nobody is going to hold it against you on this one. If Gearboxs really did shift Aliens: CM's budget towards Borderlands, then sue them inside out. I love Borderlands 1 and 2, but if this really happened, then I'm not supporting Gearboxs anymore. Not only do they do wrong on the supporting publisher, but they also stomp on the actual developer who worked on the game with its reduced budget and insult fans of the franchise by giving them something that was different from that early demo.
#30ADHDguitarPosted 3/22/2013 10:56:59 PM
The trolls must be getting desperate if they think anyone cares about this game anymore. Wii U owners dodged a bullet with this one.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2