first impressions.

#1elbarto1Posted 3/22/2013 7:31:26 PM
Just got a Wii u today and am enjoying it so far. However I do have a few gripes. Below are my initial pros and cons.

Sturdy build
Nice gamepad feel w unique feature-set
Miiverse is a lot of fun to add tips or pics about games even from in game.
Games look great and play just fine.
Nintendo eshop is adequate

Operating system and network features feel very slow and archaic compared to ps3 and 360.
Menu is needlessly complicated. Perhaps personal preference but its annoying to navigate the submenus IMO.
Updates/installs take a long time. Ps3 shares this problem.
Wii to Wii u transfer was an arduous hassle. But its a one time deal so whatever.

I've enjoyed the games I've played and that's the main goal at the end of the day. I just feel like the system and Nintendo needs improvement if it hopes to compete this gen. I really hope they do as Wii u has a lot of potential.

I'm sure many will disagree.. that's cool. These are just my day one impressions.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#2NikraPosted 3/22/2013 7:35:16 PM
Nintendo are working of some of the issues you are mention. They promised that they will come with a couple of system updates this spring that will deal with some of the problems.
#3YamiYugi4400Posted 3/22/2013 7:36:49 PM
Nikra posted...
Nintendo are working of some of the issues you are mention. They promised that they will come with a couple of system updates this spring that will deal with some of the problems.

yep, updates almost a year later to fix rushed issues
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#4Baha05Posted 3/22/2013 7:41:05 PM
Menu is needlessly complicated. Perhaps personal preference but its annoying to navigate the submenus IMO.

Can't really agree with this point outside of OS speed being slow. Though I guess I'm used to there being sub menus for things on my consoles.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5NikraPosted 3/22/2013 7:44:27 PM(edited)
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Nikra posted...

As far as I know, the Wii U is about 4 months old..LOL
Get your facts strait.
#6b1gt0nePosted 3/22/2013 7:51:45 PM
Nikra posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Nikra posted...

As far as I know, the Wii U is about 4 months old..LOL
Get your facts strait.

Get used to it. There are a lot more j*** offs like him here round the clock.

Congrats on your purchase too :)
#7SychinLegacyPosted 3/22/2013 7:53:16 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Nikra posted...

5 months now equals a year.
#8MotiJrPosted 3/22/2013 7:56:15 PM
I give Yami's trolling a disappointing 1/10. He just cannot be bothered to put effort in anymore
#9DiscostewSMPosted 3/22/2013 8:21:04 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Nikra posted...

yeah, like the PS3 and 360 didn't have these kind of issues at launch......oh wait.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10elbarto1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:47:33 PM
Add freezing to the list of cons. NFSMW just froze up I had to pull the power cord to reset the console.

Uh oh. :/

Even my launch 360 and ps3 lasted a few months before they started this stuff. I've had Wii u for less than 24 hrs.

Anyone else experience this?
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist