How do you want the new Metroid to play like?

#1super_taco_ftwPosted 3/23/2013 2:30:02 AM
How should our Bounty Huntin' gal get around? - Results (149 votes)
First-Person Action Adventure Shooter Extravaganza (Prime)
45.64% (68 votes)
2D Super Exploration Platformer (Super Metroid)
33.56% (50 votes)
Whatever the Hell Other:M's supposed to be
12.75% (19 votes)
Other (please describe your fantastical ideas below)
8.05% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
How will the game be played? And will Samus ever be awesome-sauce again? Find out in the thrilling conclusion of...
GAMEFAQS PUBLIC SURVEY!
---
What is the Air Speed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#2SamusFarronPosted 3/23/2013 2:31:34 AM
As an authority on the matter, I'd like to be inside my suit again.

FPS Adventure
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
Asuka>>>>>>>Rei
#3super_taco_ftw(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:51:05 AM
SamusFarron posted...
As an authority on the matter, I'd like to be inside my suit again.

FPS Adventure

I hope someone authorised you to post that message. Hahah- Your going to kill me, aren't you?
---
What is the Air Speed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#4RioichiCooperPosted 3/23/2013 7:36:15 AM
Super or Prime. Or maybe both. Put first person on the TV, and 2D of the same environment on the gamepad. It would be difficult to do correctly, but I think it sounds cool.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#5IcepickLobotamyPosted 3/23/2013 8:33:26 AM
2D platformer with a 3D environment.
---
What's an ice pick robot mummy?
#6Soanevalcke6Posted 3/23/2013 8:38:42 AM(edited)
Other: Something New. It just has to have the Level Design Theory of the Metroid Series (Like The Prime Trilogy, Super Metroid or Zero Mission, NOT Prime Hunters or Other M)

So just really anything that follows in the footsteps of Super Metroid/Zero Mission/Prime Trilogy.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#7Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/23/2013 8:41:20 AM
I already had a thread of this nature going, so...

Ghost-inZeShell posted...
RugterWyper32 posted...
You know what I wouldn't mind? Third person on the main screen, first person on the WiiU controller. I think that would be an interesting concept to work with. I'm sure they could make it work.

EternalWolf posted...
2d/FPS Hybrid

or

Expand upon Other M gameplay. That already was "2d" gameplay with FPS and RE4 gameplay, they just made horrible use of it. But it can easily be done and Other M proves it.

You know what, that's not a bad idea.

I'm in favor of a hybrid-perspective Metroid game.
Metroid has proven that it lends itself naturally to various perspectives:
Super Metroid style, Prime style, and Other M.

I (like most fans) didn't like Other M for the portrayal of Samus.
I did like the gameplay. Especially later in the game when you "unlocked" all of your powers, it flowed very well.
I think that it can be expanded upon, improved, refined, but mostly, it's pretty solid.
I appreciated that the camera changed to best suit the room, situation, or mood, and never got in the way.

I have particularly have noticed that the 2D Metroid games (1-4) have exclusively taken place underground, or in the corridors of a space station.
Whereas the Primes (for the most part) take place above ground (most of the game you can see sky).

What if your perspective changed appropriately to where you are?
Underground labyrinths (like the dungeons from Zelda) where you have a Super Metroid perspective.
An "Overworld" where you have Prime perspective.
And tense "abandon space-station" sections with the OtherM/RE4 perspective.

You would need to do them all to get through the game, but with Metroid's iconic laissez-faire attitude toward the time you take exploring each part of the world. You can spend as much or as little time in any of them.
#8ADHDguitarPosted 3/23/2013 8:42:45 AM
Like Metroid Blast.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#9Hawke0Posted 3/23/2013 8:46:31 AM
3D vs. 2D is idiotic, all that matters is the game is good, unlike Other M.
www.gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/edward_roivas_blog/archive/2013/03/20/metroid-other-m-review-there-are-the-good-metroid-games-then-there-39-s-that-other-one.aspx
---
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
#10Tsutarja495Posted 3/23/2013 8:48:27 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Like Metroid Blast.

Yeah, I'd like this too. 3D game, aiming with the Wii Remote, and actually having an analogue stick to move unlike Other M.

That, or go back to 2D. I like Metroid better in 2D.