How do you want the new Metroid to play like?

#41kingbadjoPosted 3/23/2013 5:24:16 PM
Some sort of pinball system...

>_>

<_<

---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#42adampeltzPosted 3/23/2013 5:25:11 PM
Entirely text based. No images. Let's go super old school.

I'm actually entirely serious. I think it could be amazing.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#43Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/23/2013 5:28:10 PM
adampeltz posted...
Entirely text based. No images. Let's go super old school.

I'm actually entirely serious. I think it could be amazing.

That is something that you could play on the forums, with us.
Since we all have Wii Us, we all have plenty of free time. lulz
#44Soanevalcke6Posted 3/23/2013 5:37:29 PM(edited)
21_21 posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Other: Something New. It just has to have the Level Design Theory of the Metroid Series (Like The Prime Trilogy, Super Metroid or Zero Mission, NOT Prime Hunters or Other M)

So just really anything that follows in the footsteps of Super Metroid/Zero Mission/Prime Trilogy.

So what do you think about Fusion? Was that the kind of thing you're looking for? I mean, there wasn't much exploration, but there was tension, and even good storyline for a metroid game, and variety of level designs.

I think Fusion is just Slightly Worse than Super/Zero Mission, but still a Very good game. Obviously, do to technical limitations, it couldn't tell its story the same way the Prime Trilogy could. The locks were a good idea, but it's much less satisfying to open a lock than it is to get a new Weapon/Ability that lets you access an area. I also think it was hindered by taking place on a space station, and while that did let the level themes have variety, it doesn't allow you to explore ancient alien architecture. I also feel that the game might have been -slightly- more pure combat oriented than puzzle oriented, but I havent played the game in a while so I cant say for sure.

But really, it is only slightly worse than Super/Zero Mission. I would be okay with a future installment being similar, but I would prefer the story-telling techniques of the Prime Games, as the Prime games were much better in the Story department than Fusion in my opinion.

EDIT: The Tension from fusion was top notch though. It WAS through scripted events, but it left you in control AND Legitimately VERY vulnerable (Unlike that one scene in MP2 where you watch Dark Samus kill a couple Pirates)
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#45Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/24/2013 3:10:21 AM
kingbadjo posted...
Some sort of pinball system...

>_>

<_<

What's this?!
#46andrea987Posted 3/24/2013 3:33:07 AM
Third person shooter/rpg/exploration, with the ability to use different vehicles, upgrade ships, pilot them and engage in flying mission/battles/chases. Kind of similar to Elite Frontier, don't know if someone here is old enough to remember it, but still...
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Ni no Kuni, Need for Speed MWU, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Batman ACAE, Trine 2 DC.