i kinda feel 3rd party developers are treating this system as last gen shovelwre

#1LugiaMaster45Posted 3/23/2013 4:54:37 AM
well for now it seems. since most 3rd party games on the Wii U are old ports that have launched 6months - 2 years ago. i hope this changes soon. i even feel that the "so called big 3rd party titles that everyone is supposed to care about" wont see a Wii U release till months or even years later when the game is much irrelevant. i mean those titles wont move systems any way but i just feel that there's some kind of pattern going on with 3rd parties and porting.
---
NintendoID: KINGZXGAMBIT87
XBXLIVE GAMTAG: XAVEUSCAESAR WiiU60ers UNITE
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 3/23/2013 5:05:04 AM
pie
/topic
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#3LinetrixPosted 3/23/2013 5:09:12 AM
If it smells like last gen shovelware, looks like last gen shovelware and plays like last gen shovelware, then it must be last gen shovelware.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#4SpikayaPosted 3/23/2013 5:23:20 AM
Linetrix posted...
If it smells like last gen shovelware, looks like last gen shovelware and plays like last gen shovelware, then it must be last gen shovelware.

Except it doesn't, doesn't, doesn't, and isn't. :D
---
FEA Board - Official Husbando of RNG Goddess Anna :3
There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind.
#5NamcoMuseum2Posted 3/23/2013 5:32:10 AM
Spikaya posted...
Linetrix posted...

You're right! It does, does, does, and is. :D

Fixed
#6ShadowSkill11Posted 3/23/2013 6:10:35 AM
Last gen? The games I see on WiiU are current gen because the system is current gen. Nintendo is selling people a console with 8 year old tech in it with a gimmick attached. That's their thing now.
#7_Sovereign_Posted 3/23/2013 6:15:26 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Last gen? The games I see on WiiU are current gen because the system is current gen. Nintendo is selling people a console with 8 year old tech in it with a gimmick attached. That's their thing now.

Doesn't matter what you think, the fact remains that the Wii U is next gen.
All electronics have a gimmick, learn the definition before using it incorrectly as an insult.
And 3rd parties always have ports/shovelware at any console launch, as it gives them a higher chance to sale
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#8AkaneJonesPosted 3/23/2013 6:29:35 AM
I think the point is say Square Enix chucks out Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut, not Tomb Raider, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster, or Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX. This is the same issue with a bunch of other "big" game, where they make excuses to not wanting direct port because of the screen. But hypocritically they choose old games to quick port.

The point is what people really want on the WiiU are game that are multi-platform and new, not old games with extras. The audience isn't really Wii only users the saps think, and they are less interested in the old "western" games because you know either they played them on there Xbox360s or they were into Japanese flavored games and would rather have things like Ni no Kuni or other PS3 type exclusives. It also don't help these ports tend to be over priced on WiiU.
#9pearl arowanaPosted 3/23/2013 6:36:03 AM
because wii u power is closer to ps3 and 360 than to ps4 and 720..

wii u is dead.... embraced it.
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#10ShadowSkill11Posted 3/23/2013 12:03:21 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...

Doesn't matter what you think, the fact remains that the Wii U is next gen.
All electronics have a gimmick, learn the definition before using it incorrectly as an insult.
And 3rd parties always have ports/shovelware at any console launch, as it gives them a higher chance to sale

It's only "next gen" when compared to the Wii and that's a fact son. If you feel using the word gimmick is an insult perhaps you should take a look inward and re-examine yourself. Since you do appear to be cut from the overly sensative lot. How about we edit:

"Nintendo is selling people a console with 8 year old tech in it with a gimmick attached. That's their thing now."

to

Nintendo is selling people a console with 8 year old tech in it with a controller with a 9 year old DS pad attached. That's their thing now. Old tech with a twist.

Happy?