So what exactly is Satoru Shibata thinking?

#1GloryChaosPosted 3/23/2013 9:05:44 AM
NoE has been noticeably better than NoA lately. And this guy even showed up in a Nintendo Direct once. But why the hell did they bring the Wii mini over to the UK? What market research made them think it would be a good idea? The Wii isn't getting any games in the future (outside of Japan). I'm surprised the thing even saw success in Canada.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#221_21Posted 3/23/2013 9:07:40 AM
Because people are still too busy buying a Wii over WiiU regardless of the remaining lifespan. Might as well take advantage of that fact while you're at it.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#3shaunmePosted 3/23/2013 9:10:18 AM
the wii mini was a horrible idea, competing with yourself.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#4wingo84Posted 3/23/2013 9:12:00 AM
shaunme posted...

They need to focus everything on Wii U instead of being stuck in the past with the Wii. Why bring out and market an old console when their new one is sinking is beyond me.
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#5DBPanterAPosted 3/23/2013 9:42:10 AM
wingo84 posted...
shaunme posted...

They need to focus everything on Wii U instead of being stuck in the past with the Wii. Why bring out and market an old console when their new one is sinking is beyond me.

I agree to an extent they need to focus their energy on Wii U. However, I bet that Wii Mini is a pure profit generator. Think about it. It is completely stripped of everything and most likely costs Nintendo very little to manufacture, and every time one is sold they make a ton of profit.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#6shaunmePosted 3/23/2013 9:44:40 AM
DBPanterA posted...
wingo84 posted...
shaunme posted...

I agree to an extent they need to focus their energy on Wii U. However, I bet that Wii Mini is a pure profit generator. Think about it. It is completely stripped of everything and most likely costs Nintendo very little to manufacture, and every time one is sold they make a ton of profit.

like the wii u then
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//