I still don't see what was so great about the Ducktales game.

#1STN79Posted 3/23/2013 10:38:35 AM
Upon hearing of the remake i decided to have another go at the original. I still can't get past more than two levels without running out of lives and having to start over. For a kids game it's actually kinda hard. I can't quite figure out how the pogo jumping works either without slamming myself into ceiling spikes. The game is cute sure and it has nice music but actually playing it is where they lose me. I even saw this guy playing it on youtube who ends up rage quitting because of a glitch that caused him to get stuck between two walls. Basically he was stuck there until the timer ran out and died. I guess when you're five this game was amazing but now not so much.
#2IokuaPosted 3/23/2013 10:42:11 AM
It's a game from the 80s, things were tough back then. That was part of the fun.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#3knightimexPosted 3/23/2013 10:43:08 AM
I once finished the game using my starting life.

Remember, since you don't have regenerating health you actually have to take things into consideration.
Take it slow, and be on your toes.... er Cane.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#4DTY3Posted 3/23/2013 10:44:12 AM
So you dont like it because it's too hard for you.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#5token_swordsmanPosted 3/23/2013 10:47:19 AM
You bounce on the very edge of the ceiling before the ceiling spikes and while you're falling down you hold forward so you get under safely.

The majority of people had more patience than people do now. They were challenging and made you think instead of just running ahead and tanking through. Don't like the game? You don't have to. This remastering is for the people who have a special place in their hearts for it
---
^ Typed this from my wii u ^
#6RockD79Posted 3/23/2013 10:54:19 AM
Sounds like its not from your era. This sure as heck is the first I heard anybody disappointed by it being remade.
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.
#7STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:42:58 AM
Actually it is from my era. I was 10 years old when the game came out. I just never played it much and don't have this huge nostalgia for it that most seem to have. I did enjoy the show anyway. I didn't really play alot of Disney games until Snes. Aladdin was one of my favorites.
#8DiscostewSMPosted 3/23/2013 11:50:19 AM
token_swordsman posted...
The majority of people had more patience than people do now. They were challenging and made you think instead of just running ahead and tanking through.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. As time moved on, people began to lose patience, so game developers began to ease up on the difficulty of games. With that, I think they then moved into throwing in too many options to make it "complex", which only makes a game look difficult on the outside.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#9Lord_KagatoPosted 3/23/2013 11:50:49 AM
STN79 posted...
Upon hearing of the remake i decided to have another go at the original. I still can't get past more than two levels without running out of lives and having to start over. For a kids game it's actually kinda hard. I can't quite figure out how the pogo jumping works either without slamming myself into ceiling spikes. The game is cute sure and it has nice music but actually playing it is where they lose me. I even saw this guy playing it on youtube who ends up rage quitting because of a glitch that caused him to get stuck between two walls. Basically he was stuck there until the timer ran out and died. I guess when you're five this game was amazing but now not so much.

Those were the good ol' days when games were actually difficult and relied on better reflexes and being able to jump from pixel to pixel with pinpoint accuracy.

No checkpoints.
No waypoints.
No Regenerating health that wasn't a powerup.
3 lives, 3 continues, game over. Lucky to even have a password system.

This was the "Nintendo Hard" era, where games were balls hard and we loved them anyway. Thats why most gamers who are Age 20+ typically look at games today and roll their eyes at how easy they've become.

Dark Souls? That's just this generation's "Ghosts and Goblins." And it's easier than G&G too.

...God I feel old...
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#10MuintirPosted 3/23/2013 11:56:24 AM
honestly it was one of the easier games back then. Just goes to show how casualized games have become over the years.
---
http://i44.tinypic.com/b8jncy.jpg .. http://i.imgur.com/EjVaT6l.jpg