Zombi U is kind of "blah"

#11Petey_MeanisPosted 3/23/2013 5:15:27 PM
use the item duplication trick and really have fun with the game. unlimited weapons and ammo or whatever you want to duplicate.

google "zombie u item duplication"
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#12mjc0961Posted 3/23/2013 5:47:57 PM
knightimex posted...
Press a button to climb a ladder?
sigh......

Yes, how dare it have proper ladder mechanics. It should make you fumble around walking into the ladder until it finally registers that you want to climb and lets you, and then getting off the ladder is another chore as well. All games should do that instead of using a simple, hassle-free button press.

Why would you knock Zombi U for the one thing it did right when it did so many things wrong?
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#13JKatarnPosted 3/23/2013 6:01:24 PM
Nothing about the graphics jumps out at me....it looks on par with Left4Dead 1 or 2 or any other Source Engine game, which isn't to say bad...just not "awesome". You of course are entitled to your opinion.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#14GdboyratedloudPosted 3/23/2013 6:08:41 PM
AlexFili posted...
Good graphics, good controls, horrible combat, lame 'ghosts', cheap scares. Dead Island was better

I love how ppl bash a game without playing it. #youaintgotawiiu

fail
---
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over
#15ZeroRaiderPosted 3/23/2013 6:26:48 PM
The graphics are really terrible compared to Left 4 Dead running on PC.
#16GamespohtPosted 3/23/2013 6:30:04 PM
Screw ZombiU!
It's all about that Survival Instinct
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
#17knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 12:04:16 AM
mjc0961 posted...
knightimex posted...
Press a button to climb a ladder?
sigh......

Yes, how dare it have proper ladder mechanics. It should make you fumble around walking into the ladder until it finally registers that you want to climb and lets you, and then getting off the ladder is another chore as well. All games should do that instead of using a simple, hassle-free button press.

Why would you knock Zombi U for the one thing it did right when it did so many things wrong?

I never had an issue with ladder climbing in other games.

I think the issue you see is with earlier or "lazy" ladder problems that allow too much freedom when climbing a ladder like in Half Life games.

In games like Call of Duty, or left 4 dead climbing a ladder is insanely hassle free.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#18DTY3Posted 3/24/2013 1:00:00 AM
Actually, now that you mention it, pushing a button to use a ladder sounds pretty good...

I hate when games have terrible ladder collision detection, and this sounds like it would remedy that problem.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#19crowe_1Posted 3/24/2013 4:15:10 AM
I loved Zombi U. The limited ammo and relatively stiff death penalties, combined with the above-average-but-not-unfair difficulty and the real potential to be one-shotted if you aren't careful, create a uniquely survival-oriented atmosphere. With the low lighting, good surround, and generally threatening enemies, Zombi U is a very stressful, scary game. Haven't played a game that does survival horror this well since the first Dead Space, and before that the Resident Evil remake on GameCube.

Beyond that, the gamepad largely enhances the experience, often forcing you to take your eyes off your surroundings on the TV, which adds tension. Sniping is handled well with the gamepad serving as a scope on the rifle and crossbow. Hacking and scanning objects is practical and intuitive. Lock picking and entering numbers on keypads make sense and are not used enough to get monotonous. I do wish that for removing manholes, removing barricades, and filling syringes, they had you pull a slide bar with your finger rather than tapping the screen. Either way, though, it serves the purpose of taking your attention off the TV, and again, isn't used enough to get repetitive.

The game is definitely rough around the edges, however. Graphics are unspectacular, even if the lighting is good. There are a few bugs; some minor, a couple major. The worst offender, the Nursery Glitch, is easily avoidable, but still gets some people and forces them to restart from the beginning of the game. And there is only one melee weapon, though IMO the good variety of guns and explosives makes up for it. (Once you get the crossbow you hardly ever need to use the cricket bat again since you can snipe lone zombies and recover your arrow, and you should be using guns against groups anyway.)

I personally give Zombi U an 8 or 8.5. The flaws present in the game aren't that big of a deal to me, it is a pretty unique experience which is rare these days, and it does survival-horror right without degrading into run-and-gun like recent Resodent Evils or Left 4 Dead. Really hoping for a sequel where Ubi has time to add that extra layer of polish to make a truly amazing game.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#20mcsmellingtonPosted 3/24/2013 4:49:53 AM
A massive disappointment. They took a cool concept, gave the Gamepad some neat features, then forgot to make the gameplay fun. Hitting zombies several times with a cricket bat loses its charm about 30 minutes in.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington