Next metroid game line of sight?

#21BenzychenzPosted 3/24/2013 2:14:08 AM
1st or 3rd person, I don't mind. Just want it 3D.
---
Messages cannot be in all uppercase. Turn off your CAPS LOCK.
#22Scarlet ArkardPosted 3/24/2013 2:43:33 PM
A Metroid game styled like Vanquish may be the best game ever created. I think Nintendo could pull off having the game be huge with exploration and such and still manage to have the amazing action of Vanquish.
---
"...don't ever let someone with no life ruin yours, that's why I never go to message boards." Colin Cowherd
#23RioichiCooperPosted 3/24/2013 5:10:58 PM
Scarlet Arkard posted...
A Metroid game styled like Vanquish may be the best game ever created. I think Nintendo could pull off having the game be huge with exploration and such and still manage to have the amazing action of Vanquish.

So a collaboration between Nintendo and Platinum. Not the most ideal prospect but if done well and the soul of the Metroid series is left intact it could be incredible. I'd still rather see Retro do another Metroid game though.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#24Scarlet ArkardPosted 3/24/2013 5:31:45 PM
RioichiCooper posted...
Scarlet Arkard posted...

So a collaboration between Nintendo and Platinum. Not the most ideal prospect but if done well and the soul of the Metroid series is left intact it could be incredible. I'd still rather see Retro do another Metroid game though.

I would be all for seeing what Retro could do with the series on the current gen of consoles as well. The Prime series was amazing.
---
"...don't ever let someone with no life ruin yours, that's why I never go to message boards." Colin Cowherd
#25MelkacPosted 3/24/2013 8:14:17 PM
I really can't believe people still are living in the past...
A 2D Metroid for what? The 3DS? That handheld is getting a lot more games than it needs.

A 2d metroid game for the Wii U wouldn't sell very well...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#26SocranPosted 3/24/2013 8:39:38 PM
Melkac posted...
I really can't believe people still are living in the past...
A 2D Metroid for what? The 3DS? That handheld is getting a lot more games than it needs.

Doesn't matter how many games the system has, it matters how many games the series/genre has. Now that Castlevania's gone all "God of War reboot", the Metroidvania genre is lacking entries in recent years. There are probably a few indie titles here and there, but you know a Metroid game would be a step above the rest.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#27Tsutarja495Posted 3/24/2013 8:48:29 PM
I'd really love to go back to 2D. I like those more than the 3D ones.
#28ElectricMolePosted 3/24/2013 9:30:45 PM
Third person view, over the shoulder. I like to actually see my character, especially this particular one.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#29harvestmoonmikePosted 3/24/2013 9:57:31 PM
2D HD high quality art would be lovely.

I'd take anything though.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg