You know what would boost Metroid & Pikmin's sales?

#1MelkacPosted 3/23/2013 6:03:05 PM
A movie and an animated TV show. Respectively.

Pikmin: You just need to look at Pokémon, what boosted Pokémon RBY sales? The anime, of course (how good it was...). Don't believe me...?
Let me tell you an story. There's this small girl that received a pokémon videotape in her mail (this was more than a decade ago stfu). The video contained a small part of the first episode, that part where Ash was carrying Pikachu with him on Misty's bike. So, uh, she saw seeing the video, until it stopped right when Pikachu jumped to hit the Spearows with thundershock or whatever. Needless to say, she really wanted to know what happened after that...
*True story*
This girl is one of Andre(BlackNerdComedy)'s friends. She has her own channel and everything.

Let's be honest, licensed games still sell (sadly, in most cases). If this Pikmin tv show ended up being actually good, the sales of the Wii U and Pikmin 3 would be boosted by a lot...

Metroid: Why a movie, you ask?
Well, for starters, the Metroid franchise is based on a movie franchise: Aliens. Do I really need to mention how the Metroid universe would fit in a movie/trilogy?
Same case with Pikmin: Movie's good. People will want to buy the game.
HOWEVER, Nintendo can make even more people want the next metroid game with the movie...it would be pretty simple to do, actually. Look at it this way: Metroid 3: Fusion ends with Samus escaping from the explosion, Adam says she's now wanted by the galactic federation and whatnot. Samus says something like "This is not over yet...". And then, right after that scene, a trailer of Metroid U, a continuation of both Metroid Fusion and the movie, is shown in the same way as that Pokémon videotape I mentioned up there.

So, what do you think? Would a movie and a tv show boost both Wii U and those games' sales?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#2Crimson10BladesPosted 3/23/2013 6:07:15 PM
Metroid Fusion wasn't Metroid 3, it was Metroid 4.
---
3DS Friend code: 5026-4425-6974
NNID: Crimson10Blades
#3Melkac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 6:10:40 PM(edited)
Crimson10Blades posted...

You don't say. I said "Movie trilogy".
---
#4Jakerific44Posted 3/23/2013 6:11:56 PM
I actually agree.
---
Official Dratini of the Pokemon X Board
http://i48.tinypic.com/w2mtnc.jpg <<<LOL (FIRE EMBLEM: A SPOILERS)
#5Crimson10BladesPosted 3/23/2013 6:14:42 PM
Melkac posted...

So is your idea just to merge two of the games into one movie to make it a trilogy?
---
3DS Friend code: 5026-4425-6974
NNID: Crimson10Blades
#6ADHDguitarPosted 3/23/2013 6:18:28 PM
I agree, even if Pikmin ended up sucking as a cartoon, more people would know about it. However, I feel like they should label it as "a cartoon based off the video game," or we'll get what we have with Pokemon, ignorant people calling it an anime game.

Metroid on other hand, shouldn't get a movie. It'd get a crappy budget and wind up like all the other video game movies. An anime series might work though.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#7FireKatKidPosted 3/23/2013 6:25:09 PM
I think the best thing that would boost their sales would be to be released.
Dern preorder just sitting there. Taunting me.
#8Melkac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:16:31 PM
Melkac posted...

So is your idea just to merge two of the games into one movie to make it a trilogy?

...What are you talking about?

ADHDguitar posted...
I agree, even if Pikmin ended up sucking as a cartoon, more people would know about it. However, I feel like they should label it as "a cartoon based off the video game," or we'll get what we have with Pokemon, ignorant people calling it an anime game.

Metroid on other hand, shouldn't get a movie. It'd get a crappy budget and wind up like all the other video game movies. An anime series might work though.

I think so, too (about Pikmin).
I dunno, if the movie ends up being produced by Nintendo it wouldn't get a crappy budget (I may be wrong, but I doubt the SSB movie was produced by Nintendo, they just gave the company that made the movie the rights [ugh...]).
While I think a Metroid anime would be fantastic, it wouldn't boost the sales of the next metroid game by a lot, the Metroid franchise is not exactly "children friendly", after all.

...What about a Metroid TV show (live action) on AMC or FX (AMC/FX = Quality)? I can already see an episode where Samus is walking on Brinstar and then falls from some crumbling blocks to "hell"...until the three Etecoons show her how to wall jump.

FireKatKid posted...
I think the best thing that would boost their sales would be to be released

Come on, you're not that stupid. You know what I mean.
---
#9stekim40Posted 3/23/2013 7:27:21 PM
You know what would improve Pikmins sales?

Actually releasing the sodding thing.
---
Playing: Ni no kuni, Far Cry 3, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#10promo123Posted 3/23/2013 7:46:52 PM
You know what would improve Pikmins sales?

Actually releasing the sodding thing.

Exactly what I came here to say.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!