The Dreamcast was home to some of the best games and it did poorly...

#1DaLastBossPosted 3/24/2013 9:00:41 AM
Why would it be different for the Wii U?
#2FoppePosted 3/24/2013 9:04:22 AM
Because Nintendo didn't push out multiple addons that they abandoned after 2 months, which made both developers and consumers mad.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3HungoverHero777Posted 3/24/2013 9:09:26 AM(edited)
Because unlike Sega, Nintendo hasn't released a bunch of failed peripherals/consoles (32X, Saturn) and they aren't in the financial hole.

(Hmm.. maybe I'll screen-cap this comment so I already have my answer when the next inevitable one of these topics shows up.)
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
Anyone with a Wii U or PC, BUY RUNNER 2!
#4master_chief_82Posted 3/24/2013 9:18:51 AM
How long was the Dreamcast out? I never owned any Sega consoles but hear a lot of comparisons to how Wii-u will fail like Sega's last console.
#5Traptin3daysPosted 3/24/2013 9:23:53 AM(edited)
The thing with comparing Dreamcast's fate and WiiU's "fate" is that it doesn't work. There's nothing those two consoles share. Nothing. Except maybe the 3rd party support, but I am not sure about that.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#6Mecha SonicPosted 3/24/2013 9:24:20 AM(edited)
Because unlike Sega, Nintendo hasn't released a bunch of failed peripherals/consoles (32X, Saturn) and they aren't in the financial hole.

Wii was a failure in every way except commercially and pissed a bunch of developers off.
GameCube - pissed developers off with minidiscs.
N64 - pissed developers off with cartridges.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TWSMj.png
#7HungoverHero777Posted 3/24/2013 9:26:17 AM
Mecha Sonic posted...

Wii was a failure in every way except commercially and pissed a bunch of developers off.

And yet they're still going strong :/
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
Anyone with a Wii U or PC, BUY RUNNER 2!
#8Traptin3daysPosted 3/24/2013 9:27:36 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Mecha Sonic posted...

And yet they're still going strong :/

Don't you know, if you make a product and it sells really well... it won't matter. If it goes against the core audience, it is a failure. Money does not matter in this world.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#9SSJ4CHRISPosted 3/24/2013 9:28:24 AM
Because the Wii U HARDLY has any games, let alone "some of the best games". The new 3D Mario will sell. The remade Wind Waker will sell to nostalgia whores and desperate Wii U owners, especially in the West, but Wii U is becoming a dumping ground for ports right now. Nintendo will get more sales when first party games finally arrive, but they fouled up worst than the 3DS launch with this one. They can't even rush out a really small Mario game for Wii U like they did with 3DS and SM3DL.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#10GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 3/24/2013 9:35:18 AM
Uh ahahahaha, the Dreamcast was about a million times better than the Wii OR Wii U

It had an amazingly kick ass library of games, FROM LAUNCH AND ONWARD and was the first console with built in online that worked great.

Literally the only reason dreamcast died was because sega was financially ****ed from earlier **** ups and could not afford to support the system or continue producing them, thats it.

Meanwhile the opposite is true for Wii U and Wii. Nintendo has assloads of money, but a damn near non existant library of good games, the wii was 99% shovelware and crap and the Wii U doesnt even have a damn library worth talking about and developers hate nintendo and their attitude and poor relations, retailers are starting to feel the same way since they bought tons of Wii Us in good faith and Nintendo has done nothing to work with them on the fact that they arent selling

Nintendos leaving everyone out in the cold with the Wii U pretty much. Gamers, retailers, developers. I hope they're happy with the money they have because it might be the only money they end up with period from here on out. They've done a great job burning bridges lately
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie