Why do you want the Wii U to fail?

#111mini_blightPosted 3/27/2013 9:30:52 AM
CaptainCorrect posted...

Reviewers get PAID to give Nintendo games good scores. A Pokemon game getting a 9.6 while Dead Space gets a 7.8, while said Pokemon game was the same game as the previous million Pokemon games? Other companies have to work hard to develop games and still struggle to do well among critics, while Nintendo takes their trash to the recycling company over and over again and gets rewarded for it. Disgusting.

Who gave Pokemon a 9.6? Which Pokemon game? No, they aren't all the same. I know it's hard for those like you to comprehend a series that focuses on building upon a solid foundation with a heavy emphasis on gameplay over graphics.

Your example proves nothing. It does show that even you think game reviewers are paid shills. lmao

Thanks!

And of course the Wii sold better than other consoles, because it's not a "console". It's your grandma's exercise machine and your baby cousin's Fisher Price toy. Why do you think stuff like Angry Birds and Farmville are so popular? Because they're only "games" in the loosest sense - shallow 5-minute experiences that I could play on my classroom computer in the early 90's. Nintendo is trying to drag the rest of the industry down to that level. If Nintendo doesn't bow out, we could be seeing the death of video games sooner than later.

And the PS2 was a cheap DVD player for your grandma and your manbaby cousin's high tech fisher price toy. lol

Nintendo had nothing to do with Angry Birds and Farmville. The Wii U is nothing like that, so you should be happy with it. Claiming that "casual" path will kill videogames, is one thing. But claiming that will kill videogames and blaming Nintendo for it even though the 3DS and Wii U don't really have many games like that, just goes to show you how much of an argument you don't have.
#112Akira_TakahashiPosted 3/27/2013 9:32:28 AM
mini_blight posted...
Akira_Takahashi posted...
As a long-time Nintendo loyalist (first console was a NES)'

Typical viral tactic. That's not how loyalty works.

Someone who is loyal to Nintendo since the NES days, would never in a million years want Nintendo fail.

I can honestly say that I'd like to see the Wii U fail as a form of tough love. This is a capitalist world we live in, and the best way to communicate with a company is through your wallet. If they don't deliver good products, don't buy them. Buying Nintendo and defending it out of loyalty to a brand in hopes that it'll succeed won't do anything except tell the company that it's doing a good job and you want it to continue in this direction. By not buying, you are sending the message, "Thing have to change if you want my money."

Consoles are in a precarious situation right now, and the Japanese gaming industry is being brought to its knees. In order to thrive, they need to know honestly what is working and what isn't.

Nothing wrong with the Wii U. There is no legitimate reason to want it to fail other than to help their competitors.

Yes, consoles are in a precarious situation right now. Which is why you cheerleading for for any of them to fail makes you a hypocrite.

I also wouldn't be talking about the Japanese industry struggling while the western side is failing just as badly, but in a different way.

To sum up, I want Wii U to fail because I want Nintendo to succeed

Sure you do.

First of all, I never said that I wanted Nintendo to fail, but that I wanted the Wii U to fail. There is a legitimate reason to want any product to fail, and that is so that the manufacturers make a better product. Would any console failing help their competitors? Of course it would! Then, hopefully the company that's doing poorly will do a better job next time. Heck, I think even Sega could've turned things around if they'd just hung in there and put something out better than the Dreamcast.

Basically, I'd like for Nintendo to do much, much better, and I know it can. I'm not a hypocrite for talking with my wallet and wanting some improvement from a company that has previously kept me entertained for years on end.
#113mini_blightPosted 3/27/2013 10:01:20 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...

This. Thisthisthis!
Other companies usually have to introduce some sort of new genre defining feature, execute it perfectly from the start, somehow spend a huge budget on said new game despite the risk and more just to get favourable reviews, but Nintendo slaps whatever crap they want in a box and call it a day, and get critical praise.

If Skyward ******* Sword got a 10 from certain reviewers, it's pretty obvious that this is the case. Other devs have to work fifty times as hard for the same reviews.

Jesus. There's spin and there's flat out lying. Guess which one you fall under.
#114mini_blightPosted 3/27/2013 10:08:34 AM
TheBonfini posted...
Wait.. What? Sony marketers are telling Nintendo what to do?!

They do under the guise of being a "neutral hardcore gamer" or a "longtime Nintendo fan."

First of all, I never said that I wanted Nintendo to fail, but that I wanted the Wii U to fail. There is a legitimate reason to want any product to fail, and that is so that the manufacturers make a better product. Would any console failing help their competitors? Of course it would! Then, hopefully the company that's doing poorly will do a better job next time. Heck, I think even Sega could've turned things around if they'd just hung in there and put something out better than the Dreamcast.

Basically, I'd like for Nintendo to do much, much better, and I know it can. I'm not a hypocrite for talking with my wallet and wanting some improvement from a company that has previously kept me entertained for years on end.

Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Your "tough love" approach isn't very believable.

Try posting what you did here on any Playstation or Xbox message board, and change all mentions of Nintendo into Sony or Microsoft, and then see how well that goes.
#115Phantom_NookPosted 3/27/2013 10:14:46 AM
Wow, this CaptainCorrect guy is hilarious. Best troll I've seen in a while.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#116RazieruPosted 3/27/2013 10:35:55 AM
Phantom_Nook posted...
Wow, this CaptainCorrect guy is hilarious. Best troll I've seen in a while.

Yeah, Minimum is in rare form today. Something about nap time getting cut short because of his "job" here....
---
I am complete; my posting powers are elite.
#117bigjclassicPosted 3/27/2013 10:37:57 AM
Ill say it before and ill say it again, the West has a grudge against Nintendo.

Eastern Devs are still supporting the console and will release games. It seems the Western devs want to shun the console.

This is only temporary imo. I think they'll have to eventually start support because of the slow market penetration of the Gen 8 consoles.

Yes, the other two will struggle as well. I am more of a J gamer anyway, so let the west churn out sandbox titles and FPA/S games.
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
My channel: youtube.com/classicviolence
#118Lord_KagatoPosted 3/27/2013 1:26:05 PM
bigjclassic posted...
Eastern Devs are still supporting the console and will release games. It seems the Western devs want to shun the console.

It's the difference in cultures. Eastern culture centers around cute stuff and sexuality (hence adorable games and games with girls with gigantic breasts bouncing in your face).

Western culture centers more around guns and violence. Hell, remember this article?
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/quantic-dream-refused-gun-toting-ellen-page-cover-for-beyond-two-souls-6405717

Afraid the game wouldn't sell unless the cover art had a gun on it. :|
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#119Akira_TakahashiPosted 3/27/2013 5:16:04 PM
mini_blight posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Wait.. What? Sony marketers are telling Nintendo what to do?!

They do under the guise of being a "neutral hardcore gamer" or a "longtime Nintendo fan."

Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Your "tough love" approach isn't very believable.

Try posting what you did here on any Playstation or Xbox message board, and change all mentions of Nintendo into Sony or Microsoft, and then see how well that goes.

Why wouldn't it go well on another board? I'm feeling that Microsoft could be shooting itself in the foot this time around, too. I don't get nearly as much grief when I mention it, though.

I take it you're the kind of fan who would gladly support whatever Nintendo does, thereby encouraging them to continue in this direction.

You don't have to believe me when I say I want Nintendo to rise out of this slump they're in. It is possible to love a company whilst not supporting every last move they make. Nintendo is making some poor choices. That doesn't mean that, as a Nintendo fan, I'm still obligated to throw money at them and beg for more.