2d zelda deserves more respect

#1berenddebeerPosted 3/24/2013 10:16:58 AM
Would you like a new!legend of zelda? Nintendo could also make a new four swords, with the gamepad to replace the GBA!
---
Proud to be a long time pony.
#2promo123Posted 3/24/2013 10:22:45 AM
I LOVE the 2D Zelda games, but Phantom Hourglass was garbage. I can't say much for Spirit Tracks as I haven't played it, but I don't have high expectations for it. We need more stuff like the Oracle games.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#3berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:24:08 AM
promo123 posted...
I LOVE the 2D Zelda games, but Phantom Hourglass was garbage. I can't say much for Spirit Tracks as I haven't played it, but I don't have high expectations for it. We need more stuff like the Oracle games.

Mmm i would not think of those as 2d zeldas, really... Spirit tracks is ok. Nothing more than ok though.
---
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/24/2013 10:27:11 AM
Ever since Skyward Sword came out, all I'm seeing on this site is people talking about the 3D Zeldas... It would appear most haven't even played the 2D ones judging from it. That is a real shame because 2D Zeldas are just as awesome as their 3D counterparts, not to mention they still compose the vast majority of the series, with 11 games (counting PH and ST as 2D because of the gameplay) against 5.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5colt85Posted 3/24/2013 10:32:29 AM
berenddebeer posted...
promo123 posted...

Mmm i would not think of those as 2d zeldas, really... Spirit tracks is ok. Nothing more than ok though.

In that case your post makes no sense. PH and ST are the only bashed 2D Zeldas
---
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
You know the user is a troll, you know the topic is just to provoke people, and yet you still post on it...
#6berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:35:26 AM
colt85 posted...
berenddebeer posted...
promo123 posted...

They have 3d animation. So why does my post make sense? Because the last 2d zelda is like 10 years old.
---
#7colt85Posted 3/24/2013 10:38:57 AM
berenddebeer posted...
colt85 posted...
berenddebeer posted...
promo123 posted...

They have 3d animation. So why does my post make sense? Because the last 2d zelda is like 10 years old.

It doesn't make sense because 2D Zeldas, with the exception of those 2, are respected. Now, since you say you don't even consider those two 2D, then what are you basing on?

No new game = no respect? wtf
---
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
You know the user is a troll, you know the topic is just to provoke people, and yet you still post on it...
#8BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/24/2013 10:39:15 AM
berenddebeer posted...

Their gameplay and design philosophy is akin to 2D Zeldas though, and that's why they should be (and are) considered such. Otherwise, it would be like saying the New Super Mario Bros games are 3D Marios because the graphics are 3D. Nope, still 2D because they have sidescrolling gameplay.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#9berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:45:13 AM
colt85 posted...
berenddebeer posted...
colt85 posted...
berenddebeer posted...
promo123 posted...

It doesn't make sense because 2D Zeldas, with the exception of those 2, are respected. Now, since you say you don't even consider those two 2D, then what are you basing on?

No new game = no respect? wtf

Yes, they should be respected by releasing a nw game.
---
#10shaunmePosted 3/24/2013 10:47:28 AM
I deserve more respect .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//