Market Nintendo's System

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/24/2013 1:44:11 PM
Recently, I'm seeing people complaining about Nintendo's marketing strategy which, atm, is rather nonexistent. As I've witnessed this strategy before and understand what Nintendo most likely has planned, I'm okay with them holding back the ads until just the right moment. However, I'm curious to see what you think would work.

ITT, discuss how you would market the Wii U on TV, in publications, or online. The rules are, you cannot announce anything without a solid release date, you cannot give anything a release date, and you cannot announce anything being held back for e3.

Please, with the available software and capabilities, describe the console for the uninformed and be productive in your thoughts.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Mirror of Fate, Monster Hunter 3U
#2CaioNVPosted 3/24/2013 1:45:39 PM
Change console name.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#3YamiYugi4400Posted 3/24/2013 1:47:02 PM
Use some of Nintendo's Billions and advertise during popular shows. They've started doing that yesterday with advertising during the Kids Choice Awards. While there are quite a few kids, teens, and adults watching it, they still need to advertise during other shows, such as Spongebob, Big Bang Theory, Shows on AMC, etc.

Maybe instead of announcing games like Pikmin 3 and then delaying the game almost a year, they should make sure to advertise games they are sure they will release almost on time.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#4shaunmePosted 3/24/2013 1:54:52 PM
Change the console name, stop producing the Wii, PULL THE WII MINI YOU STUPID ARROGANT B%#&%#
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#5Enigma149Posted 3/24/2013 1:59:04 PM
Launch a "smear" campaign against the fanboys of other consoles, akin to Samsung's anti-iPhone 5 advertisements.

Hey - if it worked once...
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#6YamiYugi4400Posted 3/24/2013 2:00:01 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Launch a "smear" campaign against the fanboys of other consoles, akin to Samsung's anti-iPhone 5 advertisements.

There was also the "I'm a Mac, "I'm a PC" commercials.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#7wingo84Posted 3/24/2013 2:46:11 PM
They should get inspiration from past adverts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqX4AEInUs

Something like that would make me wanna buy 2 consoles
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#8MaverickHZXPosted 3/24/2013 3:15:25 PM(edited)
Gee, 3 ignored messages on first page...
Anyway, I think the Wii U it's really hard to market compared to Sony and Microsoft products, since it's console is a "gaming device with Smart TV functionalities", while Microsoft's is a "Media device" and Sony's is a "hardcore gaming device with a Blu-Ray player".
They want to target all kinds of demographics, so their ads must have a specific target.

I say Nintendo should make ads on Youtube and some gaming sites targeted to the "Hardcore" (a.k.a. Fratboy) audience, convincing people the Wii U is actually a "hardcore" console since it has Call of Duty, Madden, FIFA, etc.
Nintendo should also make different ads for TV, to tell the average guy that the Gamepad offers similar features as a tablet but also plays games, has Netflix, Miiverse (the phone app needs to come out ASAP to better explain what it is), etc.
Nintendo fans and fanboys already have the console, or are planning to get one once more games come out. Convincing other fanboys of getting it it's almost going to be impossible through simple advertising.

tl;dr Nintendo needs to make different ads according to all the demographics.
#9Enigma149Posted 3/24/2013 4:46:30 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Enigma149 posted...

There was also the "I'm a Mac, "I'm a PC" commercials.

I completely forgot about those!

I've actually met the guy who played the PC, too.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#10jillwarrenPosted 3/24/2013 4:56:00 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Use some of Nintendo's Billions and advertise during popular shows. They've started doing that yesterday with advertising during the Kids Choice Awards. While there are quite a few kids, teens, and adults watching it, they still need to advertise during other shows, such as Spongebob, Big Bang Theory, Shows on AMC, etc.

Maybe instead of announcing games like Pikmin 3 and then delaying the game almost a year, they should make sure to advertise games they are sure they will release almost on time.

They did advertise during various shows on Nick leading up to the PCA. Every add I saw for it was "brought to you by New Super Mario Bros. U on the Wii-U.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.