"Wii U price cuts failing to shift units retailers claim"

#1q-w-e-r-t-yPosted 3/24/2013 6:31:35 PM
Yikes, not even a price drop is helping this system...
Didn't previous consoles get a huge boost in sales when they got a price drop?

Discuss.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/wii-u-price-cuts-failing-to-shift-units-retailers-claim
---
So there are two cannibals eating a clown, one cannibal turns to the other and says,
"Does this taste funny to you?"
#2Golden MavenPosted 3/24/2013 6:34:06 PM
q-w-e-r-t-y posted...
Discuss.

I think this topic has been discussed enough. Fanboys will try to rationalize the situation, and everyone else will tell you Nintendo needs to crank out games ASAP.
#3Tsutarja495Posted 3/24/2013 6:34:50 PM
3DS price cut only worked because it came near Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario Land 3D. A price cut alone won't do it, the sale will go up for a week or two and quickly go back down. When Nintendo does price cut the Wii U, they need to do it near Mario Kart U and 3D Mario.
#4VRX3000Posted 3/24/2013 6:35:45 PM
1) it's not an official price drop, it's a sale.

2) Of course it didn't work. No one will pay ANY price if they don't want any games. Contrary to popular belief, GAMES made the 3D take off, not the price cut.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 3/24/2013 6:38:16 PM
While I do recognize that it isn't selling super high, its not really selling super bad. And I really wouldn't call unknown sources reliable.

In reality Nintendo is probably coasting to E3, dazzles our pants off, then a small price cut/sale at the end of the year when the E3 games release, just in time for the launch of PS4. It worked for 3DS.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#6q-w-e-r-t-y(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:41:19 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
While I do recognize that it isn't selling super high, its not really selling super bad. And I really wouldn't call unknown sources reliable.

In reality Nintendo is probably coasting to E3, dazzles our pants off, then a small price cut/sale at the end of the year when the E3 games release, just in time for the launch of PS4. It worked for 3DS.

Nintendo should not have their hopes up for E3. PS4/720 will be the highlights, people are going to forget nintendo is even there....
---
So there are two cannibals eating a clown, one cannibal turns to the other and says,
"Does this taste funny to you?"
#7Baha05Posted 3/24/2013 6:43:36 PM
q-w-e-r-t-y posted...
Nintendo should not have their hopes up for E3. PS4/720 will be the highlights, people are going to forget nintendo is even there....

Lol no
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#8GdboyratedloudPosted 3/24/2013 6:44:36 PM
another alt account

jeez
---
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over
#9Cyb0rg_RaidenPosted 3/24/2013 6:52:41 PM(edited)
The price cut needs to have more incentive behind it like the system actually worth owning which isn't the case right now because the lack of games and developers not really giving a **** about this system right now.
#10ADHDguitarPosted 3/24/2013 6:53:35 PM
Needs maor games.

The trolls know this.

The fanboys know this.

Stahp.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2