Would you buy a "New Super Mario All-Stars"?

#21RockD79Posted 3/25/2013 12:30:40 PM
If they went nuts and rebuilt the older games from their 16-bit face lifts, maybe some hand drawn sprites, another audio boost and off tv support then probably.
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.
#22IokuaPosted 3/25/2013 12:33:09 PM
Not with that collection of games. I would buy a Mario Allstars of the 3D games in the series, all touched up with modern graphics, of course.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#23MajinKogahazanPosted 3/25/2013 12:33:21 PM
I don't really need the first 6 since I own them, but I'd definitely get the collection for the games I haven't played. The bargain would be a great incentive to finally play them.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#24akuma634Posted 3/25/2013 12:51:33 PM
I'd rather see Mario 1 to Yoshi's Island all done in hand drawn HD 2D graphics, kind of like the new Ducktales Remastered.
#2521_21Posted 3/25/2013 12:54:29 PM
There is no way in hell a game like this would be at a discounted price. Hell, I'm not even sure if 60 bucks would justify it.
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#26bh7812Posted 3/25/2013 3:02:59 PM
Quote:If they went nuts and rebuilt the older games from their 16-bit face lifts, maybe some hand drawn sprites, another audio boost and off tv support then probably.
@RockD79

Yeah, that's how I've always imagined any "New Super Mario All-Stars" being if they ever did do it.

The one game in the series I'd like to see re-done is Mario 2/USA. It sure seemed like they wanted to do more with it for the original All-Stars than they were able to. More worlds, a Mario World style World map, secret exits and a special world would make that a phenomenal release on its own. Tezuka said fairly recently he isn't really wanting to revisit that world, Miyamoto and some others at Nintendo feel they could do something great with it so hopefully they'll be able to meet each other on it soon and get something started.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10
#27overkillwfo1978Posted 3/25/2013 4:07:15 PM
Why would a game that is currently selling for $60 be packaged and sold with 8 other games, made from the ground up in an HD engine be sold at less than $60. TC, you are on crack.

I would pay $60 just to see the original 3, Japan #2 and SMW in HD.
---
But the PS4 has GDDR5 RAM. That's 2 more than DDR3! I bet PCs will take at least 5 years to catch up to this beast.
- SUPER3METROIDX
#28CaioNVPosted 3/25/2013 4:17:14 PM
Super Mario World in HD with New Super Mario Bros Engine = instant buy at full price.
The rest is a bunch 'o bonus.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#29RockD79Posted 3/25/2013 7:51:47 PM
bh7812 posted...
Quote:If they went nuts and rebuilt the older games from their 16-bit face lifts, maybe some hand drawn sprites, another audio boost and off tv support then probably.
@RockD79

Yeah, that's how I've always imagined any "New Super Mario All-Stars" being if they ever did do it.

The one game in the series I'd like to see re-done is Mario 2/USA. It sure seemed like they wanted to do more with it for the original All-Stars than they were able to. More worlds, a Mario World style World map, secret exits and a special world would make that a phenomenal release on its own. Tezuka said fairly recently he isn't really wanting to revisit that world, Miyamoto and some others at Nintendo feel they could do something great with it so hopefully they'll be able to meet each other on it soon and get something started.

Yea that's not a bad idea. That would be one way of suckering me back in for another round lol!
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.
#30MuintirPosted 3/26/2013 3:15:10 AM
I would buy it new only if the original games up to world were either hand drawn or cell shaded in HD. The best thing about Mario up to that point is each game had its own identity with how they looked and played.
---
http://i44.tinypic.com/b8jncy.jpg .. http://i.imgur.com/EjVaT6l.jpg