Is Nintendo just waiting for the PS4?

#1DaLastBossPosted 3/25/2013 9:59:56 AM
Then maybe they'll start advertising and putting out more games to make a blockade against the competitors
#2Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 3/25/2013 10:02:07 AM
That's what they SHOULD have been doing.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs. UMVC3: Chris/Strange/Amaterasu
#3SlimeSwayzePosted 3/25/2013 10:14:10 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
That's what they SHOULD have been doing.

This. They should have been more prepared for launch and had more games ready to release throughout the year. As it is, they've squandered their head start by failing to provide software or effectively advertise the system, and have been getting bad press lately to boot.

Their best best at this point is to drop the price of each model by $50 this holiday and have a strong line-up of at least 4-5 exclusive games ready to go between Sept-Nov. They need to be the significantly cheaper option compared to the new MS and Sony consoles, and they need to provide games that people care about, including core games and casual stuff like the new Wii Fit.

E3 is going to have to be good. I think it will be, but far too many years in the past I felt they were about to have a good E3 and it ended up being awful, so we'll see.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#4CosmBPosted 3/25/2013 8:38:56 PM
Yes they are. They'll wait until PS4 price reveal or if PS4 outsells Wii U in Japan for a price drop.
---
:)
#5DisgaeaNutPosted 3/25/2013 8:41:37 PM
Let me see....

Sony will launch the PS4 with no games and it won't sell well. The Nintendrones will come out in mass making fun of the PS4 not selling well. The WiiU will launch all it's good titles and will pick up steam and the masses will make fun of the PS4 saying it is dead even though the WiiU will have had the same launch.
#6thundercat2600Posted 3/25/2013 8:45:59 PM
Wii U is such a joke. The few early adopters have been rewarded with a system that has been collecting dust since December.

Nintendo completely dropped the ball. They honestly would've been better off launching in late 2013 along with PS4. At least the they wouldn't be such a laughing stock for months.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#7DiscostewSMPosted 3/25/2013 8:49:19 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Let me see....

Sony will launch the PS4 with no games and it won't sell well. The Nintendrones will come out in mass making fun of the PS4 not selling well. The WiiU will launch all it's good titles and will pick up steam and the masses will make fun of the PS4 saying it is dead even though the WiiU will have had the same launch.

Sounds like Sony Ponies brought this upon themselves for doing it first to the Wii U, right?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#8uberking422Posted 3/25/2013 8:52:24 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
Let me see....

Pretty much. Everyone's kind of a jerk in the end, huh?
#9BaeshinPosted 3/26/2013 12:28:18 AM
What Nintendo needs to do is get games that are actually good out the door and in stores.Monster Hunter is an OK start.They aren't waiting for Sony. They would have loved to have some decent games at launch and since but they just didn't have them.

Sony better have some decent games and avoid Nintendo's mistake with the Wii U because MS will be bringing it's Xbox successor not too long after if not the same time.One would hope that at the very least ONE of the companies preps for a good launch lol.

Here's hoping Nintendo realizes it needs to get great games out to prepare for the launches of PS4 and 720.Here's also hoping that Sony and MS bring out the big guns and have great launches for their consoles.I don't want to see any of the 3 fail. I'd love to see a great competition between all three companies. A real battle for our dollars.If all three work hard to get great games out we all win.We win because there would be a great amount of games and they win because they'd be putting out games we want.
---
PS3-PSN ID: Baeshin Xbox 360-Gamer Tag: Hariken Yellow
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/26/2013 12:30:58 AM
No, the point of releasing early is to get a lead.
If they wanted to wait, they would have waited with the console launch.

Though they will undoubtedly save SOME things.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656