What ONE game do you have the most nostalgia for?

#1sketchturnerPosted 3/25/2013 11:07:15 AM
And what makes it so nostalgic for you?

For me, it is definitely Super Mario 64. Even though I started playing games back on the Atari 2600, it was Mario 64 that really blew me away and felt like MORE than a game. For me it was a vibrant, world-shattering experience. The music, the controls, the graphics... everything felt magical. Hearing Mario's voice for the first time seeing see his larger-than-life face on the title screen with so much animation was an incredible feeling I will never forget.
---
"You've got potential soldier! Don't waste it on video games!--Earthworm Jim 3D
#2Tsutarja495Posted 3/25/2013 11:19:10 AM
Pokemon Yellow. I am a huge Pikachu fanboy, and getting to have Pikachu following me around like Ash and Pikachu from the show I love is a dream come true. Pokemon being my favorite series, Pikachu being my favorite Pokemon, and this being in the oldest generation of the series, all make this my most nostalgic game and favorite game of all. Even though I feel like the series has been improving over time, this one will probably always be my favorite.
#3ADHDguitarPosted 3/25/2013 11:22:42 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Pokemon Yellow. I am a huge Pikachu fanboy, and getting to have Pikachu following me around like Ash and Pikachu from the show I love is a dream come true. Pokemon being my favorite series, Pikachu being my favorite Pokemon, and this being in the oldest generation of the series, all make this my most nostalgic game and favorite game of all. Even though I feel like the series has been improving over time, this one will probably always be my favorite.

This, minus the Pikachu. I just love Pokemon Yellow.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4Lord_KagatoPosted 3/25/2013 11:23:18 AM
Chrono Trigger is probably my biggest trip down memory lane than any other game from my childhood.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#5smkorvettePosted 3/25/2013 11:31:27 AM
Probably either Sonic&Knuckles or The Lion King for the Sega Genesis. I remember spending hours playing both of those games all the time after school. The Lion King was awesome, back when Disney games used to actually be really fun and challenging
---
3DS FC: 5327-1465-0004
Always looking for new friends
#6GP313Posted 3/25/2013 11:35:29 AM
sketchturner posted...
And what makes it so nostalgic for you?

For me, it is definitely Super Mario 64. Even though I started playing games back on the Atari 2600, it was Mario 64 that really blew me away and felt like MORE than a game. For me it was a vibrant, world-shattering experience. The music, the controls, the graphics... everything felt magical. Hearing Mario's voice for the first time seeing see his larger-than-life face on the title screen with so much animation was an incredible feeling I will never forget.

Same, sometimes I listen to dire dire docks on youtube just for the feeling.
---
Moogle is the best character ever...
#7SlimeSwayzePosted 3/25/2013 11:38:17 AM
Tough to choose. A lot of N64 games come to mind, but if I could only choose one it would be Lunar: The Silver Star for the Sega CD. That's the first game I would say I truly loved and felt invested in. I can still remember what the weather was like during the week I first played it, and how my room was arranged at the time. The game's humor, music, and the overall world just really stuck with me. Also, I'm just pretty nostalgic about that time in my life, anyway. I was about 13 at the time and I think that was the last summer where I really just felt like a kid and could waste weeks on end just playing a game.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#8MrGreen9Posted 3/25/2013 11:39:39 AM
Paper Mario
---
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3117-5566
Nintendo Network ID: MrGreen9
#9dezmomoPosted 3/25/2013 11:45:46 AM
Pokemon.

Grew up with it, and every time I play it it just makes me feel happy, like a piece of my childhood has returned.
May sound weird, but that's just why I love and will probably keep on loving Pokemon.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#10SlimeSwayzePosted 3/25/2013 11:49:22 AM
MrGreen9 posted...
Paper Mario

That game brought on nostalgic feelings even the first time I played it.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.