Will Nintendo troll us at E3 again?

#31DBPanterAPosted 3/26/2013 2:44:55 AM
Faceman_ posted...
E3 isn't about the fans or gamers anymore. It's for investors. That's true of all companies. Not just Nintendo. That's why we're getting the next Mario and SSB confirmation at E3, but probably not much more than that. The Nintendo Directs are the best bet for real info such as release dates and whatnot.

The knucklehead directly below this quote may still place a high presidence on E3, but the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the game developers dislike it. It is also part of the reason why we, as consumers, get all these games from Sept-Dec. To get games playable and trailers done in June takes away resources from the actual production of the game itself. This is also why you see these promos for games that look awesome, but when they are released they are a pile of manure.

There are always a few things that baffle me about this board. Every day people say Nintendo needs to advertise. Fact is, that is what Nintendo Direct is: A 30 minute advertisement and the people that watch are their customers or have interest in Nintendo. That's why they will not have big news at E3, they filter it out slowly to the masses as they always have via Nintendo Direct and the occasional news worth comment during and interview or twitter.

Nintendo, for its entire time producing entertainment in the United States, has always been secretive and hush-hush about release dates. Part of this is due their mantra that a rushed game will always be poor as well as their cultural beliefs. However, it really is time to start giving dates for 1st party games. The 3DS was initially plagued with games getting pushed back. In fact, all the mistakes made with the 3DS are happening again with the Wii U, it's actually comical.

But for those that have grandiose ideas that all these games will be available this holiday season, re-watch that January Nintendo Direct where Iwata says these games are in development and then lists virtually every IP they got. I would expect Mario or Mario Kart to being released on Nov. 24, 2013. Nintendo has a thing for the Sunday before the American Thanksgiving.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#32DBPanterAPosted 3/26/2013 2:50:21 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
dezmomo posted...
No offense, but with the monthly sales of the Wii U at the moment I think Nintendo will give us a few release dates and awesome reveals.

like that pikmin 3 release date XD

I am predicting May 19, June 2, or June 9 for Pikmin 3. They will want to talk about how well it is doing and how players enjoy it during the presentation. Filling actual presentation time up with a game that was supposed to be released at launch will only make them look worse.
---
#33DBPanterAPosted 3/26/2013 2:59:07 AM
Jackal posted...
parkourboybryan posted...
Well, let's see:

-Confirmation of at least Screenshots of SSB4
-Confirmation that MK8 and SM3D will be playable, likely leading to Q4 Releases.
-Showing off Zelda WW HD, possibly even gameplay.
-Any other surprises they'll have up their sleeves.

This is really all I need, and that's been announced. Games from their 4 biggest franchises plus the inevitable surprise they always like to show.

I know what you're saying but you have to think about this: This holiday season the Wii u will have been out for a year. This console was announced over a year ago. When did they start development on these games? That 's a 2 year time span from the announcement to when the games might actually show up. So hopefully they will have some demos running on Wii U's at E3. it would be in their best interest to do so.

I believe that Wind Waker HD will be there.

They most likely started development for the Nintendo games already at retail in 2009/2010 when they started the build-up for the console. Most consumers forget the average time to make a game today is 2-5 years. They also released one big game in that period: Zelda SS, with some help from DK and Kirby.

I think it is simply unrealistic to think Nintendo will release a Ton of IPs in the next 6-9 months. Because of the lackluster start to the 3DS, the put a lot of development into the games on that console. The 3DS is also the hottest thing in Japan, and will continue to receive great support internally from Nintendo.

They only have so many people to work on so many games at once. I am sure Zelda Windwaker HD has been in development for at least 18 months as well (they most likely used that game to play around with the power of the Wii U and decided to actually re-make it because they liked what they saw).

I fully expect to see Windwaker at E3 and it will be playable. But for folks that think they will get the demos that are playable at E3 via the eShop: That's insanity. Those companies reward those that actually go to these events with those experiences, not every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a console that can't make the trip to Los Angeles.
---
#34TheBonfiniPosted 3/26/2013 3:27:07 AM
DBPanterA posted...
Faceman_ posted...
E3 isn't about the fans or gamers anymore. It's for investors. That's true of all companies. Not just Nintendo. That's why we're getting the next Mario and SSB confirmation at E3, but probably not much more than that. The Nintendo Directs are the best bet for real info such as release dates and whatnot.

The knucklehead directly below this quote may still place a high presidence on E3, but the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the game developers dislike it. It is also part of the reason why we, as consumers, get all these games from Sept-Dec. To get games playable and trailers done in June takes away resources from the actual production of the game itself. This is also why you see these promos for games that look awesome, but when they are released they are a pile of manure.

There are always a few things that baffle me about this board. Every day people say Nintendo needs to advertise. Fact is, that is what Nintendo Direct is: A 30 minute advertisement and the people that watch are their customers or have interest in Nintendo. That's why they will not have big news at E3, they filter it out slowly to the masses as they always have via Nintendo Direct and the occasional news worth comment during and interview or twitter.

Nintendo, for its entire time producing entertainment in the United States, has always been secretive and hush-hush about release dates. Part of this is due their mantra that a rushed game will always be poor as well as their cultural beliefs. However, it really is time to start giving dates for 1st party games. The 3DS was initially plagued with games getting pushed back. In fact, all the mistakes made with the 3DS are happening again with the Wii U, it's actually comical.

But for those that have grandiose ideas that all these games will be available this holiday season, re-watch that January Nintendo Direct where Iwata says these games are in development and then lists virtually every IP they got. I would expect Mario or Mario Kart to being released on Nov. 24, 2013. Nintendo has a thing for the Sunday before the American Thanksgiving.

You really think that? It is because Christmas. Moving e3 to January wouldn't change the infux of games prior to holidays.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#35DBPanterAPosted 3/26/2013 9:59:53 AM
TheBonfini posted...
DBPanterA posted...
Faceman_ posted...

You really think that? It is because Christmas. Moving e3 to January wouldn't change the infux of games prior to holidays.

What I believe is that the video game industry as a whole could change their release dates to be a bit more consumer friendly. The video game industry makes I believe 20% of its revenue between the American Thanksgiving and X-mas. Hence, all the game developers want their games to be bought at this time. But like I said, when the average consumer goes to the store, they are going to have to choose between games. We all are. We make a decision not to buy something, and that games sales and revenue suffer. We may pick it up later, but that is not always the case.

Likewise, releasing a game in February or March should be fine as well. The weather is still horrible and people will be looking to spend money after taking that holiday hit. Then the summer time, which literally has nothing should at least have a few games of interest. Not sure what kids today, but I was working during the summer at an early age in order to buy NES games by helping neighbors with chores, mowing lawns, etc. . .

It's simply is still tied to the notion that video games are for young boys and children, when the average age consumer is 35. Most people in their 20's and 30's can buy things when they please, not just during the holiday season.
---