Mass Effect Question (Designated Board is dead)

#1MalifacentXPosted 3/25/2013 7:53:30 PM
Having experienced a lot of the performance issues on the PS3 edition of Mass Effect 3, I've decided to pick up the Special Edition for the Wii-U. I do have one question for those who have played it.

Is Thane Krios completely absent from the game, regardless of your choices in the Genesis comic?
---
PSN: SeventhLegion
Back in my day you couldn't cheat during multiplayer because you'd get punched in the face
~Pothocket
#2MalifacentX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:46:46 AM
BUMP

Can anyone at all confirm this?
---
Back in my day you couldn't cheat during multiplayer because you'd get punched in the face
~Pothocket
#3FFnutPosted 3/26/2013 8:49:17 AM
I can confirm he is in the game. He showed up at the Citadel at the hospital. Fairly early on too, like right after recruiting Garrus.
---
Official Naoya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#4FFnutPosted 3/26/2013 8:49:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5FoppePosted 3/26/2013 8:58:41 AM
Thane Krios stays dead no matter what choices you do in the Wii U version.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6MalifacentX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 9:13:55 AM
Wait, so I'm getting two different responses here? Well, I suppose I'm just going to have to wait and find out. Thanks to whoever told the legitimate truth! Ha ha ha ha.
---
~Pothocket
#7sarevokmbPosted 3/26/2013 9:56:50 AM
If you choose to save the crew (Kelly, Chakwas, the engineers, etc.) in Genesis, Samara, Jack, and Thane end up dying.
---
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2
#8MalifacentX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:23:28 AM
sarevokmb posted...
If you choose to save the crew (Kelly, Chakwas, the engineers, etc.) in Genesis, Samara, Jack, and Thane end up dying.

That seems to elude to the ability to save Samara, Jack, and Thane instead, thus making them a part of ME3: Special edition... contradicting what the fellow said above.
---
~Pothocket
#9FFnutPosted 3/26/2013 11:33:22 AM
MalifacentX posted...
sarevokmb posted...

That seems to elude to the ability to save Samara, Jack, and Thane instead, thus making them a part of ME3: Special edition... contradicting what the fellow said above.

At one point near the end of Genesis 2, you have the choice to either immediately go to save the crew OR take the time to upgrade your ship/characters. Choose to upgrade the ship, and all of your squad mates from ME2 will survive, including Thane. (Assuming you also chose to recruit everyone earlier, I believe. The Genesis 2 choice repercussions aren't very well-mapped yet.)

And contrary to what sarevokmb said, Chakwas survives even if you choose to upgrade your ship.
---
Official Naoya of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#10MalifacentX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 1:42:58 PM
FFnut posted...
MalifacentX posted...
sarevokmb posted...

At one point near the end of Genesis 2, you have the choice to either immediately go to save the crew OR take the time to upgrade your ship/characters. Choose to upgrade the ship, and all of your squad mates from ME2 will survive, including Thane. (Assuming you also chose to recruit everyone earlier, I believe. The Genesis 2 choice repercussions aren't very well-mapped yet.)

And contrary to what sarevokmb said, Chakwas survives even if you choose to upgrade your ship.

Thanks for the time you took for the insight. Luckily, having played ME and ME2, I'm familiar with what choices I wish to make (though I understand Genesis may take a few liberties), so I'm anxious to see how it all pans out!
---
~Pothocket