Damn it! Why wasn't Bioshock Infinite brought to Wii U? It needs it!!

#91elkenPosted 3/27/2013 12:20:25 AM
The_Akxsion posted...
Wii U doesn't need any stinky PAAGGs (Play As A Gun Game)

This generation is already flooded in an endless sea of mediocre generic shooters. What's one more?

There's already two Bioshock games, this is the third. It is Bioshock in the sky.

whoopideefreakingdoodah

give me Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, a 3D Mario 64 styled game and a true sequel to Yoshi's Island, instead, any day of the flippin' week.

I didn't buy a Nintendo console to play stinky mediocre modern style games like Blahshock PAAGGs.

FPS sucks big time !!

I want a quality Zelda WiiU (no crappy motion control linear game please... yes I'm looking at you skyward sword)
---
Fav Genres: RPG\Adventure\Survival / Fav Consoles: Sony & Nintendo / Fav Handheld: 3DS XL
#92AsuirPosted 3/27/2013 12:34:25 AM
SplatterHouse55 posted...
The_Akxsion posted...
SplatterHouse55 posted...

I mean, why bother? If you've played one, you've played them all. I'll pass, because they're all the same experiences anyhow...right?

No, he's right.

About 80-90% of your examples don't make any flippin' sense. PAAGGs (Play As A Gun Games) are much more similar than almost all of the games you mentioned.

FFTactics is absolutely nothing like Fire Emblem, for example.

DOOM = Metroid Prime - LOL!!!!!! XD

I never said that Doom=Metroid Prime. I was simply using similar logic to the post that I quoted (If you've played one, you've played them all), but I'm sure you were smart enough to catch that, right?

And what are you talking about that FFTactics is (absolutely) nothing like Fire Emblem. They're both SRPGs. They're about as similar as Metroid Prime is to, say, Half Life 2 (both FPSs). You shoot things with a gun in Doom, so how different can the same "pew pew" experience be in Metroid Prime, Half-Life, Halo, COD, Bioshock, Red Faction, or Goldeneye? The answer: They can be as "absolutely nothing like" each other as comparing two SRPGs to each other, or any other genre while were at it.

Now, to be clear (because it appears I have to be), I don't think any of those games are similar (beyond their genre), but you'd never know it by the thought process of the poster that I quoted.

Rather than this long post it would be better if you ignored him.
---
Ftw!
#93Lord_KagatoPosted 3/27/2013 12:36:36 AM
Buretsu posted...
Needs it? Nah.
Nice if it had it? Sure.

---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#94mcnichojPosted 3/28/2013 2:55:31 PM
jbhens posted...
Is this what gaming fans have turned into. It's sad to see someone talk about Mario like this. Have your by any chance actually played the Galaxy games? This is coming from a huge Bioshock fan also. Galaxy 1/2 were some of the highest rated games of this past generation
I love Mario.
Bought NSMB Wii U, really liked it.
Bought 3D Land, loved it.

I hated Galaxy.
I didn't like Sunshine but respect it for trying to change things up.
Mario World is my favorite game of all time and SMB3 and 64 are fantastic games too.

I was just playing devils advocate to TC (whom I hope and assume was just trolling with this whole thread) for being so insanely ignorant to a amazing game crafted by one of the video game dev Gods.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#95GreatTroySenseiPosted 3/28/2013 8:06:03 PM
jbhens posted...
mcnichoj posted...
The_Akxsion posted...
give me Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, a 3D Mario 64 styled game and a true sequel to Yoshi's Island, instead, any day of the flippin' week.
Would rather play generic plotless platforming action games instead of one with an incredible plot that involves politics and ideaology.

I wonder why Nintendo gets called kiddy.

Is this what gaming fans have turned into. It's sad to see someone talk about Mario like this. Have your by any chance actually played the Galaxy games? This is coming from a huge Bioshock fan also. Galaxy 1/2 were some of the highest rated games of this past generation

And yet for all of the cute, quirky changes to the mechanics with the orbital physics, the games still boil down to "Run around, bop enemies on the head, collect coins and stars." The series will never evolve - which is fine. They're fun to play with my girlfriend... but it's not like I'm gonna get immersed in them.

You can't compare Mario to Bioshock, man. Apples and oranges. Simple apples, and complex oranges.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.