Console games have shifted away from multiplayer, research finds

#11BadreviewPosted 3/26/2013 6:58:26 AM
Faceman_ posted...
Good riddance. I'm so tired of horrible multiplayer just thrown in. Such as in Uncharted and Tomb Raider. God forbid you have to play a game by yourself.

The stupidest part being that all these online shooters, such as CoD, that have no local multiplayer. Why can't me and three friends play alone together in our house? It's a helluva lot more fun.

uncharted 3 is still very active and is a great third person competitive MP.
#12BadreviewPosted 3/26/2013 6:59:32 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
shaunme posted...
Typical, just as nintendo get their act together with an decent online service everybody else is moving on........decades behind.

LOL yup pretty much. Nintendo has been 6 years behind since the N64 days.

too true... I completely regret buying WiiU, i'm in fact never going to buy a Nintendo Console ever again.
#13lordofthenlpplePosted 3/26/2013 7:01:43 AM
Multiplayer is awesome. If Miyamoto wants to design an awesome game. Then give us multiplayer. Mario Kart, Zelda, and Metroid would be great franchises for the online sport.
---
Waiting to buy a PS4 and a Geforce 670
#14Elements012894Posted 3/26/2013 7:01:49 AM
Faceman_ posted...
Good riddance. I'm so tired of horrible multiplayer just thrown in. Such as in Uncharted and Tomb Raider. God forbid you have to play a game by yourself.

The stupidest part being that all these online shooters, such as CoD, that have no local multiplayer. Why can't me and three friends play alone together in our house? It's a helluva lot more fun.

Uncharted actually has a very robust online and call of duty has local MP.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#15huyiPosted 3/26/2013 11:53:59 AM
well i don't agree with this article, why is it that game developers still keep on persisting on using online mp in singler player games? tomb raider and god of war ascension is recent examples of tacked on mp, not only that they force trophy hunters to play online for platinum, its never going to end, the last of us is another example of why online mp will never stop.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#16habsalltheway33Posted 3/26/2013 12:01:21 PM
I really don't see this at all to be honest! If anything, games have become much more focused on multiplayer.
#17zender1999Posted 3/26/2013 12:04:13 PM
they have no choice, cods takes most of all multiplayer gamers, other games will just fail with multiplayer, its a wasted resource, they have to find other ways to incorporate online features in games, different than cod way of multiplayer

something like dark souls, animal crossing, other type of online usage
#18zender1999Posted 3/26/2013 1:50:20 PM
habsalltheway33 posted...
I really don't see this at all to be honest! If anything, games have become much more focused on multiplayer.

some games are not made for multiplayer, wasted resources
#19DTY3Posted 3/26/2013 1:51:24 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
shaunme posted...
Typical, just as nintendo get their act together with an decent online service everybody else is moving on........decades behind.

LOL yup pretty much. Nintendo has been 6 years behind since the N64 days.

Oh okay so you guys dont want online in the Wii U then.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#20Reflex-ArcPosted 3/26/2013 2:05:41 PM
I know I'd be peeved as hell if it was determined that Nintendo's inclusion of online bits, and their lack of knowledge of how to implement them, in their big first party titles is what's causing this hold up on releases.