Is Wii U not getting any support?

#1MishimaBloodPosted 3/26/2013 6:21:49 AM
Hi, Im kinda new in this board (i posted a topic a couple months ago but never came back) and Im planning on getting a WiiU but it seems (as my topic title says) that it wont be getting much support in next gen consoles. I ve read somewhere that EA doesnt consider the WiiU a next gen console and wont be supporting it, correct me if Im wrong. Is this going to happen with all devs? The reasons I want to get a Wii U is 1. Im tired of seeing games turning into westerN shooters or bloodspilling H&S with no depth or story and 2. Im reaaaally interested in SMT X Fire Emblem.
Im waiting for E3 to see a game that will hopefully draw my attention cause as much as I want to play SMT X FE I dont think its worth giving 311 euros for the console. Im not that rich.
Anyway what do u think.
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#2TerotrousPosted 3/26/2013 6:23:37 AM
EA is likely just full of crap / desperate for media attention. They've already released one Wii U game and have another one on their release list.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#3MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 7:31:09 AM
Terotrous posted...
EA is likely just full of crap / desperate for media attention. They've already released one Wii U game and have another one on their release list.

Oh well, thats good to hear
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#4PigfartsPosted 3/26/2013 7:34:42 AM
They are not going to be supported by AAA titles, but if you like mario party games, and shovelware, and watered down ports then look no further b/c this is the system for you.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#5pokemonfreak97Posted 3/26/2013 2:37:37 PM
Pigfarts posted...
They are not going to be supported by AAA titles, but if you like mario party games, and shovelware, and watered down ports then look no further b/c this is the system for you.

What is a "triple-A title"? Is it a title with an advertising budget as big as its development budget? Is it the next game in a series that you insist stays fresh? Is it the same thing as any other game, just some website said it was a "triple-A title"? What does "triple-A" even mean?
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#6Godstriker8Posted 3/26/2013 2:39:21 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Pigfarts posted...

What is a "triple-A title"? Is it a title with an advertising budget as big as its development budget? Is it the next game in a series that you insist stays fresh? Is it the same thing as any other game, just some website said it was a "triple-A title"? What does "triple-A" even mean?

Games with a humongous budget.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#7Monkey_FuPosted 3/26/2013 2:43:04 PM
Um yeah sure.... Sugar coat it all you want.... Enjoy getting 2 year old ports.....
I'm sure GTA 5 and Assns creed 4 will arrive 3-4 for years from now......
#8kozzy1717Posted 3/26/2013 3:35:50 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Pigfarts posted...

Basically that they are considered big name titles by retailers. They usually get midnight launches and are highly anticipated. Most are sequels or game from a series of games that have previous garnered high sales and reviews, and are talked about highly by most

But to answer your questions retailers usually are the ones who decide this stuff based on previous sales/ desire level for a game launch
---
http://www.kozarskeep.com
#9kozzy1717Posted 3/26/2013 3:36:48 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Pigfarts posted...

Games with a humongous budget.

Also this. Hard to not make a game that dosnt do something right when you throw alot alot of money into it
---
http://www.kozarskeep.com
#10SocranPosted 3/26/2013 4:17:43 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
The reasons I want to get a Wii U is 1. Im tired of seeing games turning into westerN shooters or bloodspilling H&S with no depth or story

In that case, you probably shouldn't be too worried about the games that are gonna be skipping the Wii U. It's true that EA doesn't consider the Wii U a next-gen console (but they think "next-gen" is "fourth gen", which means they apparently think gaming started on the Playstation), and they've been pulling support from the console, but... it's EA. Saying "I'm tired of the direction gaming has started going" is pretty much the same as saying "I'm tired of EA and Activision".

We'll see how third party support looks in the future. Currently it's not so great, because developers aren't even giving the system a fair shot until its install base grows large enough to justify the costs of development. People say the PS3 had the same issues early on, but I wouldn't know since I didn't buy one back when it was US$599.

As for games that you can look forward to, though? There will almost certainly be some good ones, even if only from Nintendo and companies they've signed some sort of deal with. "X" will almost certainly be amazing, The Wonderful 101 looks surprisingly great, the next big Mario game and Mario Kart will have demos at E3, the next Zelda is heavily implied to be more open-ended and have multiplayer capabilities, and we still don't know what Retro's new game is. It may not end up with the largest library at the end of its lifespan, but you'll be able to look at your collection and say, "Yeah, it was worth the money I spent on it."
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."