If one thing is true about an industry crash.........

#1LuckyLickmorePosted 3/26/2013 7:03:40 AM
......I would hope all the ignorant fanboys go along with it! I cant recall it ever being this bad back when it was Nintendo, Sega and for a small while NEC with the Turbo Grafx, Atari and the Jaguar, Neo Geo etc!
People loved games across the board and instead of bashing someone else for having a system you didnt have, you were actually envious because they had access to more games! It's true what they say, "gaming aint what it use to be"
#2CitizenCraigPosted 3/26/2013 7:08:47 AM
I owned a Genesis and my friend two houses down the street had an SNES. We both went over to each other's houses in order to experience the games from both systems. There was no "my console is better" rivalry between us back then.

The SNES was better system with better games, but my family was poor back then, so we could not experience all the games the SNES had to offer anyway, so my Genesis sufficed.
---
For PS3 trophy stats, submit your PSN to:
psnprofiles.com & psntrophyleaders.com
#3Johnny_Jon_117Posted 3/26/2013 7:11:22 AM
By saying all of that you're proving that you're just as bad as them. Ignore them otherwise you end up making an ass of yourself.
---
"There must be simplified explanations of nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such faith comforts the software engineer." -Einstein
#4Soanevalcke6Posted 3/26/2013 7:11:42 AM
LuckyLickmore posted...
People loved games across the board and instead of bashing someone else for having a system you didnt have

People did the exact same thing they do now back then too.
People also still do what's in your quote today.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#5excitebike64Posted 3/26/2013 7:11:47 AM
LuckyLickmore posted...
......I would hope all the ignorant fanboys go along with it! I cant recall it ever being this bad back when it was Nintendo, Sega and for a small while NEC with the Turbo Grafx, Atari and the Jaguar, Neo Geo etc!
People loved games across the board and instead of bashing someone else for having a system you didnt have, you were actually envious because they had access to more games! It's true what they say, "gaming aint what it use to be"

Sega and Nintendo players bashed each other before the Internet. Sorry, this side of gaming has always been. In fact, I find more people embracing multiple platforms. They just tend not to post on the Internet.
#6TerotrousPosted 3/26/2013 7:12:44 AM
Unfortunately they likely won't. And the industry probably won't crash. At worst, we might see one of the big 3 drop out of the industry (almost certainly Sony, because they're really hurting for money, Nintendo's financials are too good for them to be going anywhere), but it would survive just fine with 2.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#7Hustler NinePosted 3/26/2013 7:18:14 AM
LuckyLickmore posted...

I don't know what you are talking about. I started with Atari2600, then NES, then MegaDrive an then PSX.
PS1 has a lot more better games than the systems prior to it. In fact I consider the early 3D era(aka PSX era) the best one.

I love 2D gaming and I still am a big fan of the arcade games but PSX has better library than all prior systems to it.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#8Pete41608Posted 3/26/2013 7:24:28 AM
LuckyLickmore posted...

If the industry crashes ALL GAMERS will go along with it.
---
Wii U/PSN: Pete41608
3DS: 1203-9244-2418
#9jbhensPosted 3/26/2013 7:25:11 AM
Hustler Nine posted...
LuckyLickmore posted...

I don't know what you are talking about. I started with Atari2600, then NES, then MegaDrive an then PSX.
PS1 has a lot more better games than the systems prior to it. In fact I consider the early 3D era(aka PSX era) the best one.

I love 2D gaming and I still am a big fan of the arcade games but PSX has better library than all prior systems to it.

I loved the PSX/N64/Saturn era and don't think games of today are near as special as that first generation of true 3D gaming, but to say the PSX had a lot more better games then the Genesis/SNES/NES is laughable and sad.
#10LuckyLickmore(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 7:34:04 AM
"I loved the PSX/N64/Saturn era and don't think games of today are near as special as that first generation of true 3D gaming, but to say the PSX had a lot more better games then the Genesis/SNES/NES is laughable and sad."

So true!!