If one thing is true about an industry crash.........

#11Hustler NinePosted 3/26/2013 8:36:36 AM
jbhens posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
LuckyLickmore posted...
......I would hope all the ignorant fanboys go along with it! I cant recall it ever being this bad back when it was Nintendo, Sega and for a small while NEC with the Turbo Grafx, Atari and the Jaguar, Neo Geo etc!
People loved games across the board and instead of bashing someone else for having a system you didnt have, you were actually envious because they had access to more games! It's true what they say, "gaming aint what it use to be"

I don't know what you are talking about. I started with Atari2600, then NES, then MegaDrive an then PSX.
PS1 has a lot more better games than the systems prior to it. In fact I consider the early 3D era(aka PSX era) the best one.

I love 2D gaming and I still am a big fan of the arcade games but PSX has better library than all prior systems to it.

I loved the PSX/N64/Saturn era and don't think games of today are near as special as that first generation of true 3D gaming, but to say the PSX had a lot more better games then the Genesis/SNES/NES is laughable and sad.

Yes it has for me. I played a lot of games during my childhood for NES and MegaDrive but PSX gave me more VARIETY and quality.
Some genres were very boring in 2D like racing genre because it didn't have depth of seing whats coming forward(just scrolling objects).
Same for adventure games. Exploring worlds by your view(eyes) wasn't possible before.

Also the atmosphere of Silent Hill 1 CAN NOT be created in 2D at any kind! There are many reasons for that.

Overall PS1 gave me the most pleasure despite I started gaming long time prior to it.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#12jbhensPosted 3/26/2013 8:44:03 AM
Hustler Nine posted...
jbhens posted...
Hustler Nine posted...
LuckyLickmore posted...
......I would hope all the ignorant fanboys go along with it! I cant recall it ever being this bad back when it was Nintendo, Sega and for a small while NEC with the Turbo Grafx, Atari and the Jaguar, Neo Geo etc!
People loved games across the board and instead of bashing someone else for having a system you didnt have, you were actually envious because they had access to more games! It's true what they say, "gaming aint what it use to be"

I don't know what you are talking about. I started with Atari2600, then NES, then MegaDrive an then PSX.
PS1 has a lot more better games than the systems prior to it. In fact I consider the early 3D era(aka PSX era) the best one.

I love 2D gaming and I still am a big fan of the arcade games but PSX has better library than all prior systems to it.

I loved the PSX/N64/Saturn era and don't think games of today are near as special as that first generation of true 3D gaming, but to say the PSX had a lot more better games then the Genesis/SNES/NES is laughable and sad.

Yes it has for me. I played a lot of games during my childhood for NES and MegaDrive but PSX gave me more VARIETY and quality.
Some genres were very boring in 2D like racing genre because it didn't have depth of seing whats coming forward(just scrolling objects).
Same for adventure games. Exploring worlds by your view(eyes) wasn't possible before.

Also the atmosphere of Silent Hill 1 CAN NOT be created in 2D at any kind! There are many reasons for that.

Overall PS1 gave me the most pleasure despite I started gaming long time prior to it.

No offense, but you don't sound old enough to have grown up during those earlier periods of 2D gaming. And I agree, Silent Hill was a great game. But, when you throw up games like Super Mario World 2 Yoshis Island, Super Castlevania 4, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Rocket Knight Adventures, Super Mario RPG and countless others it is not a fact that PSX had "a lot better games" then previous consoles. I will agree the SNES/Genesis/PSX/N64 generations were the golden age. But to say one had a lot better games then the other is false.
#13JoeSkeletorPosted 3/26/2013 8:44:34 AM
CitizenCraig posted...
I owned a Genesis and my friend two houses down the street had an SNES. We both went over to each other's houses in order to experience the games from both systems. There was no "my console is better" rivalry between us back then.

The SNES was better system with better games, but my family was poor back then, so we could not experience all the games the SNES had to offer anyway, so my Genesis sufficed.

The snes was not better it was equaly good. Old school sonic was far better than the little plumber boy.
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#14TerotrousPosted 3/26/2013 8:48:30 AM
Well, PS1 does have a significantly larger library than SNES and Genesis. SNES has about 1800 games, Genesis has about 900, PS1 has about 4000. However, the bulk of those PS1 games are untranslated Japanese games (about 3000 of PS1's 4000 games never left Japan), so it'll be quite some time before we have a solid idea of just how good PS1's overall library is.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#15jbhensPosted 3/26/2013 8:49:43 AM
joeskeletor posted...
CitizenCraig posted...
I owned a Genesis and my friend two houses down the street had an SNES. We both went over to each other's houses in order to experience the games from both systems. There was no "my console is better" rivalry between us back then.

The SNES was better system with better games, but my family was poor back then, so we could not experience all the games the SNES had to offer anyway, so my Genesis sufficed.

The snes was not better it was equaly good. Old school sonic was far better than the little plumber boy.

Yoshis Island is the best platformer of that generation though. But yeah, the Genesis and SNES were so equal and had so many good games that weren't just ports it was a great time
#16Hustler NinePosted 3/26/2013 11:51:05 AM
No offense, but you don't sound old enough to have grown up during those earlier periods of 2D gaming. And I agree, Silent Hill was a great game. But, when you throw up games like Super Mario World 2 Yoshis Island, Super Castlevania 4, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Rocket Knight Adventures, Super Mario RPG and countless others it is not a fact that PSX had "a lot better games" then previous consoles. I will agree the SNES/Genesis/PSX/N64 generations were the golden age. But to say one had a lot better games then the other is false.

Most of the games during 2D era were short. Even quality games like Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Mega Man, Shinobi can be beaten for 2 or 3 hours max on first playthrough.
There was always droughts during the Genesis,Snes era while the PSX never had such a thing.
There was always something great to play.

Again this is my opinion and I still have Captain Tsubasa 2 in my top 10 list of all time, so I love 2D games.
It's the fact that PSX gave me a lot more than the systems I owned prior to it.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#17jbhensPosted 3/26/2013 11:53:10 AM
Hustler Nine posted...

Most of the games during 2D era were short. Even quality games like Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Mega Man, Shinobi can be beaten for 2 or 3 hours max on first playthrough.
There was always droughts during the Genesis,Snes era while the PSX never had such a thing.

Again this is my opinion and I still have Captain Tsubasa 2 in my top 10 list of all time, so I love 2D games.

Im guessing you missed many of the great RPGs during the SNES/Genesis era. Go play Shining in the Darkness and let me know how long it takes you to beat. Some of the best games of the PSX era like Silent Hill, Resident Evil 2, and Metal Gear Solid were short games.
#18Hustler NinePosted 3/27/2013 11:22:24 AM
jbhens posted...
Hustler Nine posted...

Im guessing you missed many of the great RPGs during the SNES/Genesis era. Go play Shining in the Darkness and let me know how long it takes you to beat. Some of the best games of the PSX era like Silent Hill, Resident Evil 2, and Metal Gear Solid were short games.

Yes I missed any RPGs prior to PSX but I'm not talking about them in this topic. So exclude them.
At the end it's just my opinion and PS1 was the system with most best games. Only PS2 is second.
---