is it wrong to be a fan of Nintendo games???

#1zado19Posted 3/26/2013 7:07:07 AM
make sure you know...

this is not to defend the crazy fans, it is a question for normal people who can talk about games with some sense

is it wrong that im dying to see the next 3D Mario game?
is it wrong that i cant wait play the next Zelda game?
is it wrong that, without seeing anything about it yet..... i already know that Smash Brothers will be my most played game on Wii U when i get one?
is it wrong that the true purpose of my 3DS is to play Pokemon games?

I an a Nintendo fan, they made some of my favourite games.

but i also like other games as well.... Star Ocean is my favourite game from this Gen. Ninja Gaiden 2 and Bayonetta are two of the best action games ever.

there are also games i hate and games i never played before
i hate COD games bc i dont like shooters bc i suck at them..... but at the same time, i loved Borderlands
i have never played Uncharted, Bioshock, and many others

my question is, just because i never played certain non nintendo games or didnt like them, does that mean it wrong to like nintendo games

just because i like nintendo games, does that mean I NEVER want to other third party games on my Nintendo

wouldnt it be nice if i didnt need three different systems to play Mario, Zelda, Dynasty Warriors Star Ocean, Borderlands, Tales of, Dragons Dogma, whatever else.

Just because i like Nintendo games does not mean i hate every other game from every other company; just because I dont like some third party games does not mean its wrong to be a Nintendo fan, and it does not mean i dont want to see the game on my nintendo system

what do you guys think??? how do you feel about this
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1721-5509-3523
#2mrpants_againPosted 3/26/2013 7:10:02 AM
I won't lie, I didn't read all of your post, but I don't see any wrong in preferring Nintendo games over other games. I have no intention of picking up anything released right now or in the near future because I'm too busy playing Fire Emblem Awakening and Luigi's Mansion DM (both Nintendo games). Just play what you want. Who care what people say?
---
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
#3the_cajun88Posted 3/26/2013 7:11:28 AM
No, they're fun.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#4The_BoredomsPosted 3/26/2013 7:11:55 AM
zado19 posted...

is it wrong that, without seeing anything about it yet..... i already know that Smash Brothers will be my most played game on Wii U when i get one?

Being absolutely certain about something unseen is obviously wrong, yeah.
#5cmincPosted 3/26/2013 7:14:41 AM
Of course it's wrong. Thats why we're all badasses.
---
---
#6Vuts_UpPosted 3/26/2013 7:15:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7GLDanzegoPosted 3/26/2013 8:16:31 AM
I go back a long way in gaming and there have been a lot of developers and publishers that I've enjoyed. However, Nintendo are the only ones who are consistently putting out quality titles. Sometimes I feel that they're not necessarily churning out industry changing/standard setting games each and every time, like they used to, but then after one has been into gaming for so long, not everything is going to seem that fresh and new anymore (which is what a large portion of our resident career trolls seem to expect).

Anyway, I love Nintendo games and, while I do buy all other game systems, Nintendo is the one company who the majority of their work, I'll buy without question. They're my favorite publisher and while many may consider that "fanboyish" of me, I didn't always feel that way. Nintendo have earned that from me over the course of many years and they continue to do so. I don't see any wrong in it.
#8pokemonfreak97Posted 3/26/2013 11:04:02 AM
The_Boredoms posted...
zado19 posted...

The only reason that is wrong is that we can't be sure someone won't ruin it. Interference can ruin just about anything; Sticker Star is a prime example. Great series... game was surprisingly mediocre.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#9zado19(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 1:38:49 PM
just thought i would ask this bc everyone (read: haters) here on this board seem to think that ALL Nintendo fans only like Nintendo and think they can do no wrong.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1721-5509-3523
#10The_BoredomsPosted 3/26/2013 1:40:42 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
The_Boredoms posted...
zado19 posted...

The only reason that is wrong is that we can't be sure someone won't ruin it. Interference can ruin just about anything; Sticker Star is a prime example. Great series... game was surprisingly mediocre.

Yeah, that's about the size of it. I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or trying to dispute what I said.