I don't understand how someone could only own nintendo consoles.

#1Murderstorm117Posted 3/26/2013 8:20:46 AM
And im a nintendo fan too if you only have a nintendo console and play nothing else you miss out on almost every big game. I mean bioshock infinite possibly the most important game of this generation is not getting a wii u version. I own every console and it always seems like nintendo has the smallest amount of quality games and they are few and far between. I pretty played my wii at the end of its life cycle the most when xenoblade and the last story were out. I think everyone should be a real manly man like me and just get every console
---
Official Royal Kilted Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
#2Bahamut_10thPosted 3/26/2013 8:23:34 AM
If I cared enough to try those games I would put more effort into purchasing the extra consoles. But most of the time this would mean owning a console for less than 10 titles, which IMO is a waste of time and money.
I'd rather spend on Nintendo platforms, because I know for sure based on my experience with them since gen 3 there will be a lot of titles I enjoy, and use the rest of the money in other things than spend more to more active consoles...
#3sonicsonicPosted 3/26/2013 8:24:19 AM
It's all down too preference though. I normally own two home consoles per gen and my times spent playing on systems changes. I know Bioshock is a great game, but I have little too no interest in Bioshock.

360's library looks like a barren wasteland too me. I know there is a vast selection of games too pick from, but it offers so few exclusives that interest me.

If all three consoles really set themselves apart as a system I'd get all three, but I think it's gonna be WiiU and PS4.
#4TerotrousPosted 3/26/2013 8:25:23 AM
Bioshock Infinite is only the most important game of this generation until the next game comes out. Then GTA5 or whatever else will be the most important. People have very short attention spans.

And I've found I can survive without PS3 pretty easily. In terms of its gaming library, PS3 is basically just the same as a PC. I've never been a huge fan of PC games (except for Strategy games, MMOs, and Graphic Adventure games, none of which are prominent on PS3), and if I wanted to play them I have a gaming-quality PC anyway.

It's true that no one should have been without a PS2, but Sony has fallen quite a bit since then. If you want the PS2 experience, it's largely moved to their handhelds, anyway. PSP has far more in common with PS2 than PS3 does.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#5Sharky8Posted 3/26/2013 8:29:13 AM
Maybe because we have discerning tastes? Maybe because we have other things we do in our lives besides play video games? You know, significant others. Jobs. Other hobbies.

Most well-balanced people are only going to have 1, MAYBE 2 hours maximum to play video games a day. And that is REALLY pushing it. Maybe realistically 10 hours per week to play games?

When that is the case, why would we bother playing inferior games on subpar consoles like Sony or Microsoft? If I have an hour to play games in day, I am going to use it to play a Mario game for a new console, or a Donkey Kong game on a new console. Or maybe I'll use it play some SNES.

I was a kid once with LOTS of spare time. In that spare time I experimented with a Playstation (1), a Sega Genesis, a Sega Saturn, a Gamegear, etc. I didn't like them. I have, as an adult, played newer Sony and Microsoft systems with friends. They aren't fun. They aren't any good.

So that is why I own only Nintendo consoles today: because Nintendo has the games I want to play.
#6Tsutarja495Posted 3/26/2013 9:02:04 AM
Here's how I do it. First, I only play games about an hour or two a day. Between work, church, eating, sleeping, and so on, I only get an average of a few hours a day of free time. I'm not putting all that into video games, I have other hobbies. So games last me a lot longer than they do for the people that take video games seriously and play 100+ hours a month. I got Xenoblade in November, and it lasted me all the way until Fire Emblem Awakening came out in February. Even as I just got Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, I'm still playing Fire Emblem Awakening.

Next is my preferences. I absolutely won't buy mature games. The things that give them the M rating aren't appealing to me. I also prefer cartoon art styles over realistic graphics. So these multitude of third party games that Nintendo systems don't get are generally things I wouldn't get even if they were on a Nintendo system.

Finally, it's just being a fanboy. NES was my first, and I've stuck with Nintendo only for over 20 years. I've built up so much blind loyalty that I'm unable to be disappointed in Nintendo's failures that the unbiased people see. I still love them, and enjoy what they are doing. And I have over a dozen Nintendo systems each with tons of games to go after during dry spells.

It has nothing to do with how good the other companies are, I have nothing bad to say about them, I just don't need any more for my situation.
#7spacejamjordanzPosted 3/26/2013 9:09:16 AM
In the past? Yes.. My NES and SNES and N64 were my sole consoles. I had no problem with that. As I grew older, my needs, and interests as a gamer have evolved quite a bit. Nintendo tends to march to the beat of their own drum. As a result of that though. Nintendo's platforms can no longer fully satisfy the gamer/consumer in me as a whole these days. I still buy Nintendo consoles, but mainly just for the exclusives(The main reason I don't own a Wii U yet). I use other platforms for everything else.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#8Justice_ApolloPosted 3/26/2013 9:11:31 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Here's how I do it. First, I only play games about an hour or two a day. Between work, church, eating, sleeping, and so on,

We're not in the 50s anymore you know.
Who the hell still goes to church regularly? LOL
---
Here comes... FINAL JUSTICE!!
#9fon1988Posted 3/26/2013 9:19:01 AM
Justice_Apollo posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
Here's how I do it. First, I only play games about an hour or two a day. Between work, church, eating, sleeping, and so on,

We're not in the 50s anymore you know.
Who the hell still goes to church regularly? LOL

I don't go to church but come on, really?

We live in America, MOST of the population goes to church regularly.
#10TerotrousPosted 3/26/2013 9:19:46 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Next is my preferences. I absolutely won't buy mature games. The things that give them the M rating aren't appealing to me. I also prefer cartoon art styles over realistic graphics. So these multitude of third party games that Nintendo systems don't get are generally things I wouldn't get even if they were on a Nintendo system.

I also generally don't buy M-Rated games, simply because I find extreme graphic violence distasteful and that's the main reason the majority of them get that rating. However, games like Shin Megami Tensei sometimes get M-Rated and I have no problem buying those.

Also, at some point the ESRB is going to catch on to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and give it the M rating it deserves:

"In this world, everyone is only out for themselves. If you're naive enough to trust others, they'll just take advantage of you".

This gets E-Rated how exactly?
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery