I don't understand how someone could only own nintendo consoles.

#61MaxStar360Posted 3/26/2013 1:46:13 PM
JKatarn posted...
Justice_Apollo posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
Justice_Apollo posted...
Tsutarja495 posted...
Here's how I do it. First, I only play games about an hour or two a day. Between work, church, eating, sleeping, and so on,

We're not in the 50s anymore you know.
Who the hell still goes to church regularly? LOL

I go on Sunday morning and night, Wednesday night, and any other times we meet; other than when I am sick or something.

Let me guess
They throw you under the guillotine or arrest you if you don't go at least a week

LOLOLOLOL ridiculous

And I'm guessing you reside in a basement/attic somewhere? I'm not a practicing Christian myself, but a good friend of mine is, and he would surely be more gracious toward you than you deserve.

Unless he's gay, right? I am a non-practicing Christian myself and I am also gay. I therefore feel isolated and cast down by my fellow Christians who claim to love everyone. Hmph.
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega
#62kdognumba1Posted 3/26/2013 1:58:34 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
And im a nintendo fan too if you only have a nintendo console and play nothing else you miss out on almost every big game. I mean bioshock infinite possibly the most important game of this generation is not getting a wii u version. I own every console and it always seems like nintendo has the smallest amount of quality games and they are few and far between. I pretty played my wii at the end of its life cycle the most when xenoblade and the last story were out. I think everyone should be a real manly man like me and just get every console

You lost me at the Bioshock Infinite part. Sorry, the game may be good, but it's far from the "most important" game of this year, much less PS3 and 360 or the entire generation. It's not console defining, genre defining, game changing, an unexpected hit, an underdog, the best in class, the best on its platform, or the most graphically amazing experience. It's a great game and has a great art style it's not a be all end all.

I think everyone should be a real manly man like me and just get every console

.... obvious troll but I already started taking the bait so here it goes. You aint a real man till you hunt you slay your first Deviljho.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#63Jaime_BennPosted 3/26/2013 2:01:20 PM
If the PC got all the fighting games, i would have no reason to buy a Playstation (insert #). PC just happens to get all the Capcom fighting games I was interested in this generation except for the one that I play the most, UMvC3
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#64Chosen_one_41Posted 3/26/2013 2:05:20 PM
Back in the day (NES - N64 era) all you needed was a Nintendo console. Hell back then I didn't even know other consoles existed. Gamecube era owning any console would have been fine. Now? PC master race, I guess ;). Although Nintendo still owns the portable market. Hell with pokemon alone Nintendo would still have the portable market.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony
#65JKatarnPosted 3/26/2013 3:25:15 PM(edited)
scorpyin posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...
And im a nintendo fan too if you only have a nintendo console and play nothing else you miss out on almost every big game. I mean bioshock infinite possibly the most important game of this generation is not getting a wii u version. I own every console and it always seems like nintendo has the smallest amount of quality games and they are few and far between. I pretty played my wii at the end of its life cycle the most when xenoblade and the last story were out. I think everyone should be a real manly man like me and just get every console

It's simple, not everyone is a woman who's life revolves around playing video games. Manly men do manly things, which does not include sitting at home playing with yourself, that's what little boys do...

Then why exactly are you wasting time posting on a gaming forum? Shouldn't you be using your time to haul logs, put up drywall, build stone walls, cut hay bales or any other number of manly activities? Could it be that you are one of those "little boys" "playing with yourself"? I'll agree that your life shouldn't revolve entirely around playing games, but it's certainly more mentally stimulating than the leisure time activities of most people which consist of watching vapid reality shows or sportscenter for hours on end.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#66The_AkxsionPosted 3/26/2013 3:39:40 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
bioshock infinite possibly the most important game of this generation

excuse me...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, your joke is so funny I almost choked. A crappy shooter game like all the other crappy shooter games this gen, as one of the most important games? Shooters are a penny a dozen and so boring and crappy.

Murderstorm117 posted...

I think everyone should be a real manly man like me and just get every console

I own a PS3 and I will be skipping over your crappy shooter LCDG (lowest common denominator game)
---
BACK IN AKXSION beby! Back by popular demand!
Do you even lift? I lift.
#67The_King82Posted 3/26/2013 4:30:53 PM
It's because they can't afford high end systems. Truth.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#68RelevenPosted 3/26/2013 4:35:35 PM
Like the 7 pages of other users, I'll state my situation too.

I was with Nintendo from the start and have owned all systems outside of the Virtual Boy. When I was a kid, it was because that was what was available (couldn't find any sega consoles and wasn't really looking). Most of my friends had a Nintendo system, or something in combination with that. Back then I played Sega at a friend's house, and spent most of my time with Nintendo.

The 64 came out and I played the hell out of that... until I heard about FF7. Bought a PS1, never looked back... never even finished OoT either. PS1 carried me through high school and into college. After college PS2 took over, but it wasn't the same and I found myself "cheating" on my beloved PS with the GC. Wind Waker still remains my favorite game of last gen, and on my top ten for all time.

I went into last gen expecting to spend 100% of my time with Sony. PSP looked better and dual screens with touch gaming wasn't appealing... until I found a DS on release day and bought it. Same with PS3. No contest, Sony just made the better system... until I found a Wii in the store and actually bought it. From there, it was 7 years of confusion that still continues to this day.

The confusion is based on one question; How the hell did Sony F*** that up???

After I bought a PS3, I spent a year waiting for DMC4 to come out... only to be disappointed with the fact it was basically half a game repeated. Then I waited again for MGS4... only to be disappointed with pretty much everything. Then I waited again for SC4... Tekken 6... Biohazard 5... FF13... Quite literally EVERY game I've been a major fan of since PS1 ALL turned to crap overnight.

And in the meantime, while I waited, I played Wii... and I liked it.

While I waited for DMC4, I played Twilight Princess. Great time there. While I waited for MGS, I played Galaxy. While I waited for FF13, I played Smash Bros. All of them, despite minor changes were FUN... something that was slowly being weened out of gaming for a while now.

Eventually, with Galaxy 2's announcement in E3, I realized that I was FAR more interested in Wii than PS3, and every time I bought a PS3, it would be for a game that let me down and I would promptly sell the damn thing again. But, my Wii stayed with me, even now, for 7 years. In those 7 years, I've seen series that I loved turn to S*** at the hands of morons, like Silent Hill, Castlevania and DMC. I've seen ONE of my hobbies, gaming, turn into an overhyped 'e-sport'. I've seen a series that I loved, SC, turn into a commercial for a crap Star Wars game. I've seen BC and other standards been taken away with a smile, like we should be happy about that. I've seen more complaints and more reasons to complain over the last 7 years than I have ever in my life.

...but only in the PS360 field.

Wii stood alone, farther from the fratcore, and did it's own thing. Granted, the last year of the Wii was pretty quiet, but our (JPN) VC made up for it. Then news of 3DS came... floored. Then I bought it... love at first sight.

Now, I'm not a kid anymore and don't have much time. I want to spend that time on FUN, not hearing some 13 year old kid across the world scream profanities, nor do I like seeing my favorite series die a horrible death at the hands of morons. Why do I own only nintendo consoles? I own them because they're fun. I sold off my other consoles a while ago because they aren't, but instead continue to take the fun out of games. Sadly though, that's the way things seem to be headed, and even Nintendo is going the DLC route. Wii U even has it's own CoD. While I still have hope for them as they're the LAST company to defend FUN, I still find myself dusting off my 'retro' collection lately, and praying that it will never break.

Short answer: I own only Nintendo consoles now, because everything else is horrible.
---
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/
#69art_of_the_killPosted 3/26/2013 4:44:36 PM
I could imagine only owning a NES, SNES, N64 or Gamecube. But only owning a Wii or Wii U? No...
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.