To those of you saying about how other consoles had slow beginnings

#1Jason_HudsonPosted 3/26/2013 2:05:44 PM
I'm sure no one can deny that the Wii U doesn't have much of a library. Third party developers are giving it a wide berth (making excuses such as 'we don't know what to do with the tablet so cannot give the experience we want to give') and first party games are more likely to be released down the line.

People have said about how other consoles had similar rough times. That may be so, but what a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that these consoles were released without the competitors' next-gen consoles looming over them.

Later in 2013, the PS4 and 720 are going to be released. The Wii U is barely more powerful than the PS3/360. This is the difference. Much more powerful consoles are less than a year away, which, if the Wii is anything to go by, will most likely mean more watered down ports of games that developers think they can make an extra buck out of.

I can't see the Wii U having the library of games picking up in 2014/2015. Developers will still shy away from it, even more so if the sales remain the way they are. You'll have first party, but those can't really fill all the gaps.

Nintendo should have released the Wii U system instead of the Wii and have released a console around this point that rivals the next-gen systems. They have thrown themselves out of the race with this.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#2metazim53Posted 3/26/2013 2:08:58 PM
I'm sorry but the guys at Nintendo are stupid. Common sense.
#3Crew96Posted 3/26/2013 2:10:23 PM
If the video game industry has demonstrated one thing it's that the most powerful console guarantees the most success.
#4meiyukiPosted 3/26/2013 2:10:29 PM
What a smart business move it would have been to not release one of the best selling consoles of all time that made nintendo a fortune. This is TC's logic.
#5ritz2Posted 3/26/2013 2:11:19 PM(edited)
Who buys a console for its power and not its games? All consoles are rather weak.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UaixE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gmA0FEi.jpg
#6PigfartsPosted 3/26/2013 2:14:48 PM
meiyuki posted...
What a smart business move it would have been to not release one of the best selling consoles of all time that made nintendo a fortune. This is TC's logic.

Obviously you are missing his point and latched onto the wrong point of the topic, Bravo.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#7Crew96Posted 3/26/2013 2:23:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8tuznecotePosted 3/26/2013 2:28:59 PM
They should of just made Wii2. I seriously think they would of been better off improving motion controls and doing the PS3 thing of making it a Entertainment Centre but for casuals. Cutting out (and confusing) the casual and young crowd was a huge mistake not only for sales numbers but for the shovelware that would of kept the system going.
#9sjc1279Posted 3/26/2013 3:19:03 PM
Jason_Hudson posted...
I'm sure no one can deny that the Wii U doesn't have much of a library. Third party developers are giving it a wide berth (making excuses such as 'we don't know what to do with the tablet so cannot give the experience we want to give') and first party games are more likely to be released down the line.

People have said about how other consoles had similar rough times. That may be so, but what a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that these consoles were released without the competitors' next-gen consoles looming over them.

Later in 2013, the PS4 and 720 are going to be released. The Wii U is barely more powerful than the PS3/360. This is the difference. Much more powerful consoles are less than a year away, which, if the Wii is anything to go by, will most likely mean more watered down ports of games that developers think they can make an extra buck out of.

I can't see the Wii U having the library of games picking up in 2014/2015. Developers will still shy away from it, even more so if the sales remain the way they are. You'll have first party, but those can't really fill all the gaps.

Nintendo should have released the Wii U system instead of the Wii and have released a console around this point that rivals the next-gen systems. They have thrown themselves out of the race with this.

I don't care, I will get a ps4 maybe next year and I can play both ps4 and wii u. lol
#10TheBonfiniPosted 3/26/2013 3:28:34 PM
PS4 hasn't released yet and it is still a fantasy right now.

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CONSOLE ITSELF LOOKS LIKE!!

If SonyPonies think PS4 is going to magically be way more powerful than Wii-U like they have predicted for months and months, than Nintendo fanboys are going to have to eat a lot of crow!!
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg