To those of you saying about how other consoles had slow beginnings

#51Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/27/2013 9:33:50 AM
trenken posted...
Actually most consoles do not have slow beginnings.

Such as...?

Let me give you a rundown of the consoles that I have personally seen have slow beginnings.

PS3
X360
Wii
Xbox
GameCube

I think that the ONLY console to ever have a "smooth" launch was the PS2. How long ago was that?
#52ritz2Posted 3/27/2013 9:52:09 AM(edited)
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
trenken posted...

Such as...?

Let me give you a rundown of the consoles that I have personally seen have slow beginnings.

PS3
X360
Wii
Xbox
GameCube

I think that the ONLY console to ever have a "smooth" launch was the PS2. How long ago was that?

No, the ps2 launch was awful as well. I think he's too young to remember how bad console launches were, especially the n64 launch.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UaixE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gmA0FEi.jpg
#53TomoEK9Posted 3/27/2013 9:52:40 AM
TheBonfini posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...
TheBonfini posted...
PS4 hasn't released yet and it is still a fantasy right now.

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CONSOLE ITSELF LOOKS LIKE!!

If SonyPonies think PS4 is going to magically be way more powerful than Wii-U like they have predicted for months and months, than Nintendo fanboys are going to have to eat a lot of crow!!

Umm..they have already released the specs of the console. The shell matter little when we already know what's under the hood. I hate to break it to you, but the difference is pretty significant. Still can't outperform a high end PC, but it's a good upgrade from the current gen.

Lol!!! The shell doesn't matter huh, pony?? Do you think the fiberglass shell of a Ferrari doesn't matter too?? If it had a GameCube square shape it'd never go so fast. Specs only have a bit to do with speed. Until Sony releases the shape of the shell I'm not convinced PS4 will be as fast as the specs indicate. The aerodynamical phisciz to cool it will keep the gap in power close to Wii-U or else there will be a lot of insurance claims from PS4's exploding. They are both next gen. Wake up! People have said for months PS4 won't outperform Wii-U by any noticeable amount. Specs. Lol that's all marketing mumbo jumbo. Don't be duped. Wii play here.

Uhhh what in the balls are you spewing Nintenbro?

A car is nothing at all like a console. Cars need an aerodynamic shape in order to perform well at high speeds, the shape of it matters greatly.

The shape of my console matters significantly less when it come to performance. Its not a moving object, aerodynamics and shape have little to do with it.

Your analogy makes no sense. Its like saying a square pizza box makes for a more delicious pizza instead of one that's more rounded. The outer shell makes almost no difference in performance.

Shape as an aesthetic to entice customers is another thing all together. A lot of people claim the purple lunchbox that was the Gamecube was one of the reasons it did so poorly.

So please, stop talking from your ass Nintenbro.
#54GLDanzegoPosted 3/27/2013 10:45:21 AM
TheBonfini posted...
<
Lol!!! The shell doesn't matter huh, pony?? Do you think the fiberglass shell of a Ferrari doesn't matter too?? If it had a GameCube square shape it'd never go so fast. Specs only have a bit to do with speed. Until Sony releases the shape of the shell I'm not convinced PS4 will be as fast as the specs indicate. The aerodynamical phisciz to cool it will keep the gap in power close to Wii-U or else there will be a lot of insurance claims from PS4's exploding. They are both next gen. Wake up! People have said for months PS4 won't outperform Wii-U by any noticeable amount. Specs. Lol that's all marketing mumbo jumbo. Don't be duped. Wii play here.

WTF?!?! Did you seriously just say that? *triple facepalm*

It never ceases to amaze me that every time I think I've read the stupidest thing I can possibly read on Gamefaqs, someone eventually comes along and tops it. Of course, I don't know if that's a good thing, since it means that chances are, someone will actually come along and say something that blows away what you just said.
#55Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/27/2013 11:03:36 AM
ritz2 posted...
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
trenken posted...

Such as...?

PS3
X360
Wii
Xbox
GameCube

No, the ps2 launch was awful as well. I think he's too young to remember how bad console launches were, especially the n64 launch.

Okay, if you say so.
At any-rate, my point was that "droughts" are a "thing".

This is not unique, and it most certainly is not this...
trenken posted...
Actually most consoles do not have slow beginnings. People just remember whats most recent, that would be the Vita, and think thats the entire history of gaming.

M' kay?