What about Metroid in the style of Bungie's upcoming "Destiny"?

#1habsalltheway33Posted 3/26/2013 3:54:14 PM
Thoughts??????
#2New LinkPosted 3/26/2013 4:06:26 PM
I'm not sure. I was interested in Destiny, having worked with Bungie in the past myself I know what they are capable of, but Activision makes me wary that they'll just rehash COD gameplay into it. The social-network aspect sounds interesting, but I'm going to stand-by on this one until I get to play it.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#3lordofthenlpplePosted 3/26/2013 4:08:56 PM
A PVE treadmill isnt so bad. It will give players a reason to log on if they dont like PVP. But PVP should always be normalized since not everyone enjoys treadmills.
---
Waiting to buy a PS4 and a Geforce 670
#4ADHDguitarPosted 3/26/2013 4:12:05 PM
Nah, Metroid isn't really a proper shooter, and shouldn't become one.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/26/2013 4:14:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WahBH9sANg&t=1m39s
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6habsalltheway33(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 5:11:45 PM
My vision for Metroid is just way too far ahead in the future...or just not for Metroid haha. I'd like to see actual bounty hunting being organized by different organizations such as the GF, Space Pirates, different alien races. Where the skill of the "wanted" dictates the bounty rather than the power accumulated via grinding such as most MMO's (EVE being a prime example).
Where there is countless planets with their associated lore, puzzles, exploration, alien races, hideouts for the wanted.

Sure, I don't think many Metroid fans share this opinion. Many would argue that this would have to be a new IP. I think the world of Metroid would make this totally unique due to it's heavy exploration focus and it would have a charm that would not be possible outside of Metroid. Like I said, it's overly ambitious right now, but when it is possible, it would be amazing if executed correctly.
#7sonicsonicPosted 3/26/2013 5:15:41 PM
I suppose it would be kind of ok, but... not really. The whole concept of Destiny doesn't sound too interesting too me. Bungie are nice... Activision not so much.

I just don't think the concept could really work for Metroid without feeling forced.
#8SocranPosted 3/26/2013 5:26:22 PM
Metroid isn't suited for a "massive multiplayer" environment, even if it doesn't have the same concurrency as MMOs. Better to make a new IP in that case. Or one that's known for having a more diverse variety of characters, like F-Zero (in which case we run into the issue of "lol racing MMORPG").
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9habsalltheway33(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 5:43:56 PM
Socran posted...
Metroid isn't suited for a "massive multiplayer" environment, even if it doesn't have the same concurrency as MMOs. Better to make a new IP in that case. Or one that's known for having a more diverse variety of characters, like F-Zero (in which case we run into the issue of "lol racing MMORPG").

Maybe Star Fox?
#10Reflex-ArcPosted 3/26/2013 5:48:08 PM
Metroid should be way more about exploring, collecting, and epic boss battles. I'd hate to see it become another horde shooter.