What about Metroid in the style of Bungie's upcoming "Destiny"?

#11habsalltheway33(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 6:08:59 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Metroid should be way more about exploring, collecting, and epic boss battles. I'd hate to see it become another horde shooter.

I see what you're saying but I think the series shouldn't stop with evolving at Prime. The next game whether it's 2D or 3D should have something that differentiates it... in my opinion that is. It can have online implementation without it becoming a full-blown shooter. I would hate that as well to be honest.
#12ZvolTxPosted 3/26/2013 6:54:23 PM
A Metroid MMO could actually work fairly well, but it wouldn't really fit into the series. The setting and creatures and whatnot would be pretty great, though.
---
President of the Zelda Wii U Board
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#13MelkacPosted 3/26/2013 6:59:54 PM
Oh god no...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#14PG50Posted 3/26/2013 7:01:00 PM
habsalltheway33 posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
Metroid should be way more about exploring, collecting, and epic boss battles. I'd hate to see it become another horde shooter.

I see what you're saying but I think the series shouldn't stop with evolving at Prime. The next game whether it's 2D or 3D should have something that differentiates it... in my opinion that is. It can have online implementation without it becoming a full-blown shooter. I would hate that as well to be honest.

I personally hope it keeps evolving while sticking to its roots, not turning the focus away from exploring too much. Multiplayer can be added without taking away from any single player experience.
#15Poopcorn13Posted 3/26/2013 7:03:27 PM
I do like the idea of bounty hunter missions.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#16SocranPosted 3/27/2013 3:13:15 AM
habsalltheway33 posted...
Socran posted...
Metroid isn't suited for a "massive multiplayer" environment, even if it doesn't have the same concurrency as MMOs. Better to make a new IP in that case. Or one that's known for having a more diverse variety of characters, like F-Zero (in which case we run into the issue of "lol racing MMORPG").

Maybe Star Fox?

Mmmmnah. That series may have a larger cast, but it's still very character-centric. When I imagine a "character editor" in a Star Fox game (you wouldn't really be able to use existing characters in Destiny's style), I see it just churning out a bunch of boring furries. I used F-Zero as an example because I could see it churning out unique, colorful characters regardless of whether they already exist in the franchise or not. Kind of like the various superhero MMORPGs out there.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/temp-2011-01-15/hmHJllpliqglctjficpqefJoolctwFFwDnzqvEhxFoolblbIeommBHDpCjrI/TheInfamous-Stats-DCUO.jpg.scaled1000.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1364379265&Signature=%2B5EQdLVeAc7Afm8YyLyRA1i42FA%3D

See? You could easily imagine someone like that fitting into an F-Zero universe, standing out as a memorable character despite the fact that it's a generic create-a-character. Unfortunately, again, F-Zero is a racing game and not suited for this. I don't think there's an existing Nintendo IP that would work well as a sort-of-MMO like Destiny. Better off with a new IP. (Or, if they really want to, an F-Zero spinoff.)
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."