How do Wii games run on the WiiU

#1DisgaeaNutPosted 3/26/2013 6:07:36 PM
I know it is emulation but I'd be looking at playing Wii games on the WiiU as well. Making my choice on it right now. I've heard the games are slower, take more time to load, look worse, not all games and peripherals work.

Trying to cut through the BS and trolling and looking for straight answers.
#2NeoSamuelPosted 3/26/2013 6:09:42 PM
I have noticed no difference.
---
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!
#3Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/26/2013 6:13:10 PM
I haven't noticed any differences, and I currently play more Wii games on the Wii U than Wii U games. As far as I know, the only thing that works with Wii and not with Wii U, is the GameCube Controller.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#4DiscostewSMPosted 3/26/2013 6:17:13 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
I know it is emulation

It's not though. The system resets and sets the hardware to match what the Wii-mode requires, all on hardware. If it were emulation, then it wouldn't need to reset the system to do so, and it would allow things like rendering at 1080p instead of at 480p and upscaling.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5CaptainCorrectPosted 3/26/2013 6:18:05 PM
Unfortunately, they don't suck any less.
#6NejiHyuga900Posted 3/26/2013 8:57:13 PM
I've been playing Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess on my Wii U but I haven't played the original Wii in a long time so I don't know any difference, besides the fact that GameCube controllers are no longer supported but at least there is still Wii Classic Controller (Pro).
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#71shadetail1Posted 3/26/2013 9:03:22 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
I know it is emulation but I'd be looking at playing Wii games on the WiiU as well. Making my choice on it right now. I've heard the games are slower, take more time to load, look worse, not all games and peripherals work.

Most of that is utter crap. However, any peripherals that require the Gamecube controller ports (such as, obviously, the Gamecube controller) will not be supported. As for how the games run, though, they do not run any slower. In fact, if you are using an HDMI cable, the graphics are slightly sharper (which is actually a downside, sometimes, if the game has lots of jaggies and pixelation).

For all practical purposes, the only difference is that games that can use the Gamecube controller lose that bit of functionality.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#8DisgaeaNut(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 9:05:35 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...

Most of that is utter crap. However, any peripherals that require the Gamecube controller ports (such as, obviously, the Gamecube controller) will not be supported. As for how the games run, though, they do not run any slower. In fact, if you are using an HDMI cable, the graphics are slightly sharper (which is actually a downside, sometimes, if the game has lots of jaggies and pixelation).

For all practical purposes, the only difference is that games that can use the Gamecube controller lose that bit of functionality.

Thank you. The GameCube controller isn't a concern of mine but its hard to seperate fact from trolling sometimes so thank you.
#9AlexFiliPosted 3/27/2013 2:34:31 AM
In my experience:
- Loading times shorter (or its because my Wii is old)
- Graphics look crisper (may just be my HD tv)
- All Wii accessories work
---
Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 (1.86Ghz), 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5450 HD
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/
#10GencoilPosted 3/27/2013 2:49:48 AM
AlexFili posted...
In my experience:
- Loading times shorter (or its because my Wii is old)
- Graphics look crisper (may just be my HD tv)
- All Wii accessories work

They look crisper because they're upscaled to 1080p, so there's less blur and the pixels become sharper. Doesn't affect the actual resolution they're rendered in, though. That's still 480p, the native Wii resolution.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil