Preview of the April Wii U update: Load time down from 24 secs to 8 secs

#21nonexistingheroPosted 3/27/2013 12:18:23 AM
It often takes over a minute to open the PS store on PS3. On top of that, browsing it is very slow, unresponsive and not intuitive either. Almost tye same for Xbox Live. Rather than upgrading, they downgrade.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#22AsuirPosted 3/27/2013 12:36:04 AM
Holy ****, you guys actually had to wait that long?
---
Ftw!
#23GloryChaosPosted 3/27/2013 12:36:04 AM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Wow. Insane upgrade. They really optimized it, so good job. One less thing haters could rightfully criticize.

Naw I already see in other topic they are still talking **** about it.

but but there was nothing wrong with the load times before ....double standards as always

I'm tempted to make a topic complaining about this update, saying that there was nothing wrong with the load times before and that Nintendo was just wasting their time with this when they could have been busy getting third party games. But it's 3 am in the morning.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#24rudgerlightPosted 3/27/2013 12:53:16 AM
lp913 posted...
Nice. Hopefully this will address the problem for all the impatient gamers out here. I wonder if this is all the update is bringing (probably since we're already previewing it). Though (for those that care), we're still waiting for that Netflix shortcut on Nintendo TVii and WiiWare's Lostwinds 1 being transferable for Backwards Compatibility.

The second update in the summer may actually bring the menu loading screens either on par or even faster than the 3DS menu loading speeds. SWEET if it turns out that way!

Wasn't that Netflix TVii update supposed to come in January? Ugh. Likely they just decided to wait until the Spring update and fix it all in one go.

The only other feature they said would be coming for Spring is the Virtual Console, so hopefully that comes with the update and isn't something launched separately.

Razieru posted...
People defending the atrocious load times of this thing really need to crack open a bottle of standards and lather themselves in it. This is 2013, not Jesus's time. Given this age of gaming, and the tech abound in it, you mean to tell me that it is acceptable to wait twenty or even eight seconds just to **** around in the system menu and/or load and exit a game?

If people like you all were ever in charge, let alone listened to, gaming and even life itself would never evolve.

Pointing out an obvious improvement is an improvement isn't defending something. Literally nobody is defending anything here.
#25TrueBlue91Posted 3/27/2013 12:57:35 AM
rudgerlight posted...
lp913 posted...
Nice. Hopefully this will address the problem for all the impatient gamers out here. I wonder if this is all the update is bringing (probably since we're already previewing it). Though (for those that care), we're still waiting for that Netflix shortcut on Nintendo TVii and WiiWare's Lostwinds 1 being transferable for Backwards Compatibility.

The second update in the summer may actually bring the menu loading screens either on par or even faster than the 3DS menu loading speeds. SWEET if it turns out that way!

Wasn't that Netflix TVii update supposed to come in January? Ugh. Likely they just decided to wait until the Spring update and fix it all in one go.

The only other feature they said would be coming for Spring is the Virtual Console, so hopefully that comes with the update and isn't something launched separately.

Razieru posted...
People defending the atrocious load times of this thing really need to crack open a bottle of standards and lather themselves in it. This is 2013, not Jesus's time. Given this age of gaming, and the tech abound in it, you mean to tell me that it is acceptable to wait twenty or even eight seconds just to **** around in the system menu and/or load and exit a game?

If people like you all were ever in charge, let alone listened to, gaming and even life itself would never evolve.

Pointing out an obvious improvement is an improvement isn't defending something. Literally nobody is defending anything here.

Actually the guy who posted above seems to think the load times were acceptable before.

That's just such a ridiculous thing to say. They weren't even close to acceptable, hell they remind of Sonic 06 ffs.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#26darkus_fPosted 3/27/2013 1:01:20 AM
Razieru posted...

This. If this was a problem on a Sony system it would probably be brought up or laughed at in every possible way. But because it's on a Nintendo system, it's acceptable. Heck even 8 seconds is still a lot, but oh well it's much better than waiting a freakin minute.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PS3 PSN: darkus_f
#27NintyPower101Posted 3/27/2013 1:01:41 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
It often takes over a minute to open the PS store on PS3. On top of that, browsing it is very slow, unresponsive and not intuitive either. Almost tye same for Xbox Live. Rather than upgrading, they downgrade.

Once again, instead of dealing with the issue at hand, a Nintendo fan attacks PlayStation and Microsoft.

I don't see how PS3 taking long to load the store makes the time to load the damn menu from exiting a game any less short.
#28rudgerlightPosted 3/27/2013 1:04:56 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Actually the guy who posted above seems to think the load times were acceptable before.

That's just such a ridiculous thing to say. They weren't even close to acceptable, hell they remind of Sonic 06 ffs.

No, he didn't say that at all. Reread his post. He was responding to somebody complaining about the updated load times in the video who said they were "still too slow".
#29RazieruPosted 3/27/2013 1:07:18 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...

That's exactly what I was talking about. It's just Mr. Saucy (Baha05) bsing himself as usual. He's the NDF's narcissistic enforcer - what he says goes, and he's always right with his bright and sun shiny drivel and other delusional forecasts of Nintendo being as perfect as only he likes to think.

What about load times is supposed to be "acceptable" in the first place? For a so called next generation system and again, this day and age of tech, something like this can't be addressed, let alone alleviated?

I often think times were better back in the Genesis and SNES days where such road blocks never even existed seeing the ineptitude of companies bleed out when it comes to such things.
---
I am the sincerest realist.
#30darkus_fPosted 3/27/2013 1:13:30 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

As someone who actually owns a PS3, I do agree with you, it does happen specially during peak hours, only the opening part though, once I'm in the store everything works fine to me but maybe it's because I have a faster than your average connection.
But the same can be said about the eShop.

But I don't see how bringing up an online service is relevant in this discussion, since we're talking about the wait times between menus, not the wait to access an online service.

Between menus there's no wait whatsoever in a PS3, in terms of OS Sony clearly wins.

But as seen with this update, Nintendo can and probably will fix all the issues with the OS on the WiiU so it could one day be on par with the PS3's. And if an update ties purchases to an account instead of the system, then the eShop could also be on par with PSN.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PS3 PSN: darkus_f