Battlefield 4 To Skip WiiU to Avoid Risks

#1PannerPosted 3/27/2013 5:25:40 AM
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/27/battlefield-4-skipping-wii-u-to-avoid-risks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DICE have said that the game wont be coming to the WiiU so the team isnt spread too thin.
They'd rather make the game as good as can be instead of not at all.

If it's not coming to the WiiU so the team isnt spread too thin, then i wonder if its coming to the PS4 and next Xbox.

I bet it does and this is just EA's decision to screw Nintendo over.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter
#2SS4_NamreppivPosted 3/27/2013 5:27:15 AM
More EA bs.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#3Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/27/2013 5:32:15 AM
Good idea. I would rather have it off of the Wii and be great, than have it on the wii u and take a dip in quality. It's not like it would sell well on the Wii U anyways.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#4YoyokuKOPosted 3/27/2013 5:33:12 AM
more reason why gaming should burn

project mayhem go
get all the white kids and go go go
#5Freddy97450Posted 3/27/2013 5:35:32 AM
Poor WiiU...
---
PSN IDs : Freddy97450/BayonettaWITCH
#6Panner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:39:29 AM
If i do buy it i'll be getting the PC version anyway.
My Xbox Live sub runs out in April and i'm not renewing and i dont care too much for the PS3 controller.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter
#7Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/27/2013 5:41:12 AM
I love how everybody suddenly became PC gamers on this board when they noticed that nintendos third party support is going to be horrible again.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#8mini_blightPosted 3/27/2013 5:44:07 AM
Panner posted...

They'd rather make the game as good as can be instead of not at all.

Sound like he's saying if they tried to make a Wii U version, BF4 would not happen.

None of these excuses really fly. Plenty of games weren't cancelled when the PS3 was bombing hard, and there are still games being made for the dead Vita, so there really is no excuse. Bias can override anything, including financial issues. Just ask Square Enix.
#9tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/27/2013 5:53:28 AM(edited)
I most likely wasn't interested in this one anyway, but this is really too bad.

Why can't anyone tell us the truth, and just say, "We don't anticipate selling enough copies to recoup the cost of porting the game to Wii U."

Also, if what Ubisoft claimed is true, and that a PS360 -> Wii U port only costs $1 million give or take, that means the game only has to sell around 30,000 copies (at full price) to be profitable.

A Wii U release day and date with the other platforms would FAR from set the world on fire, but 30,000 should be no problem whatsoever. Even Mass Effect 3 (10 months late, no DLC support, trilogy launched at the same price on other platforms at the same time) supposedly managed more than that.

So either the porting costs are drastically higher than Ubisoft claims, or EA is just giving Nintendo the middle finger again for little/no reason.
#10thundercat2600Posted 3/27/2013 5:58:21 AM
Can't say I blame them. Nintendo gamers don't buy multiplatform games.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink