Sign here if you don't give a **** about third party games

#1Heartless18Posted 3/27/2013 7:39:44 AM
I bought the Wii U for Nintendo games. I could care less about all of the junk coming out on other systems, because frankly it all looks like a giant pile of **** to me.

Bring on the real games, leave your crappy shooters at the door.
---
Breaking Hearts With Every Heartbeat
#2The_BoredomsPosted 3/27/2013 7:41:59 AM
I think you're confusing third party games with ports.
#3TerotrousPosted 3/27/2013 7:42:52 AM
I care about third-party games, but not most of the ones that people fuss over. Wii U can completely miss out on all "blockbuster" FPS and 3D Action games and I wouldn't care one whit.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#4The_UrgePosted 3/27/2013 7:42:59 AM
Heartless18 posted...
I bought the Wii U for Nintendo games. I could care less about all of the junk coming out on other systems, because frankly it all looks like a giant pile of **** to me.

Bring on the real games, leave your crappy shooters at the door.

Doooood, no need to get upset. These are just video games we're talking about here.
#5GencoilPosted 3/27/2013 7:50:14 AM
I'm sorry but that's just ignorant. There's plenty of great third party games on Xbox 360 and PS3. They're not all shooters, either. It's just that the shooters usually get the most attention.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#6msunshinePosted 3/27/2013 7:50:41 AM
Multiplats are the reason the ps 3 is not worth owning imo
#7Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/27/2013 7:52:13 AM
Might as well have named the topic "Sign here if you are a part of nintendos biggest problem!"
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#8Muljo StphoPosted 3/27/2013 7:53:31 AM
Terotrous posted...
I care about third-party games, but not most of the ones that people fuss over. Wii U can completely miss out on all "blockbuster" FPS and 3D Action games and I wouldn't care one whit.

That one. Not the TC's version.

There have a been a couple games here and there on the other systems that I have felt like I missed out on (some of which I actually picked up on Steam last year anyway when I bought games on it for the first time during the summer sales). But a lot of the selection on the other systems just doesn't appeal to me that much, and a lot of the selection on Nintendo's systems does.

And, of course, I would not automatically brand everything that doesn't interest me as a horrible pile of ****. It just doesn't interest me.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#9The_UrgePosted 3/27/2013 7:54:27 AM
msunshine posted...
Multiplats are the reason the ps 3 is not worth owning imo

Lack of multiplats are the reason the Wii U is not worth owning imo.
#10digiblasterPosted 3/27/2013 8:02:49 AM(edited)
The thing with multiplats is that Nintendo could easily (they pretty much do) get by without them, Sony have quite a few strong exclusives that could get them by, whereas Microsoft have Halo, Gears of War and Forza.

If, for some reason, multiplat games ceased to exist, MS would be screwed, whereas Nintendo and Sony would get by.

EDIT: Just like to add that third party games and multiplats are two very different things. A game can be exclusive to one console but made by an external developer - for example, ZombiU.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias