I think the WiiU needs more FPS's

#11Pokerkid777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:30:22 AM
Phoslus posted...
How about Kid Icarus?
Sure the camera is behind you but it's not much of a difference.
It's also very creative

Third person kid icarus could work, there is an entire universe to expand upon in terms of weapons and equipment. Who knows? It could work very well.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#12Akira_TakahashiPosted 3/27/2013 10:32:08 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of shooters, but I thought Golden Eye worked really well with the Wiimotes...
#13AtalalamaPosted 3/29/2013 9:04:05 AM
What it needs is Metroid Prime IV.
#14Baha05Posted 3/29/2013 9:05:16 AM
Maybe though some new ones, not ports of 360/PS3 games.

Need a Fallout 4
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#15Santo3485Posted 3/29/2013 9:07:47 AM
If they turned Metroid into a Halo-ish shooter I assure you all hell would brake loose among Nintendo/Metroid fanboys. Just look at how the reaction was towards Other M.
---
In theory there is no differens between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.
#16Kromlech06Posted 3/29/2013 9:15:41 AM
Metroid prime 4/Hunters 2 with multiplayer would be incredible.

I would NOT want a shooter with Mario characters in it. XD
#17RugterWyper32Posted 3/29/2013 9:21:07 AM
I'd say leave Metroid as it was in the Prime era. All hell would break loose if it was turned into a generic FPS. Just look at how everyone reacted before the original Prime was released.

On the other hand, if Retro made a new IP that was a first person survival horror game (maybe with a multiplayer to entertain the masses) I say hell to the yes. I've been saying it for years, but Retro could make an amazing horror game.
---
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/rugterwyper32
Currently playing: Spyro the Dragon 2, Morrowind, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages
#18strongo9Posted 3/29/2013 9:22:45 AM
1. The PC version of CoD will always be the superior version.
2. Making Metroid Prime more like Halo would ruin it. It's a FPA game, not a FPS,
4. Modern military FPSs suck. The only good FPSs are the ones that break the conventional boundaries of the genre and do something different with game's mechanics and story (Deus Ex and Bioshock).
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#19DBPanterAPosted 3/29/2013 9:57:01 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
devs are too lazy to support the superior wiimote controls

why even bother?

Correct! For home consoles, the Wii-mote and 'chuck are vastly superior to Dual Analog. I will saw the keyboard and mouse, without question, are the best way to play it regardless of platform.

I just wish other people around here that continually bash certain genres of games, such as FPS or a Sports game would realize that in order for the games they want, you need titles in these genres to bring in a more people.

My worry and belief though is the players that enjoy on-line gaming have already left and will not return because services like Xbox Live are simply superior.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#20_Sovereign_Posted 3/29/2013 10:16:40 AM
DBPanterA posted...
YoyokuKO posted...
devs are too lazy to support the superior wiimote controls

why even bother?

Correct! For home consoles, the Wii-mote and 'chuck are vastly superior to Dual Analog. I will saw the keyboard and mouse, without question, are the best way to play it regardless of platform.

I just wish other people around here that continually bash certain genres of games, such as FPS or a Sports game would realize that in order for the games they want, you need titles in these genres to bring in a more people.

My worry and belief though is the players that enjoy on-line gaming have already left and will not return because services like Xbox Live are simply superior.

You mean they've sunk too much money in it to justify leaving...

I honestly saw no difference between my 360 ( when I had it) and my PS3 when it came to online. The only time I ever had problems was usually due to someone trying to get over on everybody.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.