The Wii U is going to have Gamecube sales. Face it.

#1originalhipsterPosted 3/27/2013 10:21:11 AM
3D Mario? 3D Zelda (2 of them). Smash Bros? Metroid? On or two big third party games? (Resident Evil). One or two amazing RPGs? (Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia)>

The Gamecube had all of these. The types of games (almost entirely first party) that will most certainly be on the Wii U as well. And guess what? Gamecube was one of the worst selling Nintendo consoles ever.

The reason the Wii sold substantially more was because of the casual gimmick draw of motion controls. But guess what? Casuals aren't loyal, they've already moved on to the trendy Ipads, Iphones, Androids etc as evidenced by mediocre Wii U sales.

Therefore, there is no way on earth the Wii U is going to sell much better than the Gamecube.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#2SychinLegacyPosted 3/27/2013 10:22:03 AM
originalhipster posted...
3D Mario? 3D Zelda (2 of them). Smash Bros? Metroid? On or two big third party games? (Resident Evil). One or two amazing RPGs? (Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia)>

The Gamecube had all of these. The types of games (almost entirely first party) that will most certainly be on the Wii U as well. And guess what? Gamecube was one of the worst selling Nintendo consoles ever.

The reason the Wii sold substantially more was because of the casual gimmick draw of motion controls. But guess what? Casuals aren't loyal, they've already moved on to the trendy Ipads, Iphones, Androids etc as evidenced by mediocre Wii U sales.

Therefore, there is no way on earth the Wii U is going to sell much better than the Gamecube.

What numbers should I pick on my lottery ticket tonight? Since you have seen the future and all.
#3MuryoPosted 3/27/2013 10:22:40 AM
Can't you wait until the other 2 consoles come out before making these topics?
#4KenauePosted 3/27/2013 10:22:45 AM
I'm fine with that. The GameCube was amazing.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
PSN: Lord_CBH / Live: LordCBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#5originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:24:47 AM
I'm fine with the Wii U selling poorly btw. The majority is always wrong. I never follow the status quo.
---
#6YoyokuKOPosted 3/27/2013 10:25:05 AM
remember how they said they were remaking WW because of the GC's install base?

WW is cursed
#7G1ingyPosted 3/27/2013 10:26:28 AM
You know, the majority thinks creationism is bollocks and see's evolution as the more sound theory of the origin of species.
#8originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:27:42 AM
G1ingy posted...
You know, the majority thinks creationism is bollocks and see's evolution as the more sound theory of the origin of species.

Actually it's the other way around.

Most people (including whole world) don't believe in evolution at all.
---
#9SlimeSwayzePosted 3/27/2013 10:28:17 AM
G1ingy posted...

Sadly, I don't think this is the case in the United States, where most people still think Jesus rode a dinosaur.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#10Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/27/2013 10:30:45 AM
G1ingy posted...

Sadly, I don't think this is the case in the United States, where most people still think Jesus rode a dinosaur.

I would say most people in the U.S believe in evolution. Just because a person is religious does not mean that they cannot believe in evolution.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif