There needs to be a GOOD Pokemon RPG for consoles

#1Dstylez2Posted 3/27/2013 2:07:31 PM
Let me start off by saying that if Nintendo made a Full On Pokemon RPG for the Wii U (like the handheld versions) EVERYONE I know would be buying a Wii U. I mean seriously, Shut up and take my money!

Also Don't give me that crap saying "Oh no man, Pokemon is better on handhelds." Ummm ya, because we've NEVER had a decently made Pokemon RPG on consoles like the handheld games. Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gald of Darkness do not count, They were terribly made and didn't even attempt to make a good RPG experience... You couldn't even go into the wild to catch pokemon... All you could do was catch dark pokemon and purify them. It was just a terrible concept from the start.

If a GOOD Pokemon RPG was made, in the same style as the handhelds but super good graphics, world, good online features, it would move consoles faster than any other game would. Make it an experience where you can go to different lands, and catch all the pokemon, battle tons of different gym leaders (more than 8) while building the perfect team for online battle!

It's seriously about time this was done... Please Nintendo, don't give us another crappy Pokemon stadium game. We don't want more of the same! We want something new and exciting!
---
Pokemon SS friend code: 3868 0319 8173
#2SychinLegacyPosted 3/27/2013 2:13:38 PM
Why? They are just fine on the 3ds.

What we need is a Battle Revolution with rental pokemon too, like stadium 1/2 had, so my friends can play too.
#3Baha05Posted 3/27/2013 2:14:41 PM
They are only good on handhelds. The ideas behind Pokemon don't translate well to consoles.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4Dstylez2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:16:06 PM
SychinLegacy posted...
Why? They are just fine on the 3ds.

What we need is a Battle Revolution with rental pokemon too, like stadium 1/2 had, so my friends can play too.

Because it would be better on the Wii U obviously... Better graphics and hardware potential. The stadium games are cheap and have been done to death. Not to mention they are totally boring. Battle revolution was a huge let down imo. It's just the same ole stadium game. I want to venture out into the wild in full on High def 3d and catch new pokemon!
---
#5Dstylez2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:17:23 PM
Baha05 posted...
They are only good on handhelds. The ideas behind Pokemon don't translate well to consoles.

That's so wrong bro... They just haven't done it right! They have never done it like the handheld games!
---
#6Phantom_NookPosted 3/27/2013 2:18:41 PM
Dstylez2 posted...
Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gald of Darkness do not count, They were terribly made and didn't even attempt to make a good RPG experience

Wrong.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#7KAMMYqueenPosted 3/27/2013 2:19:58 PM
Dstylez2 posted...
Let me start off by saying that if Nintendo made a Full On Pokemon RPG for the Wii U (like the handheld versions) EVERYONE I know would be buying a Wii U. I mean seriously, Shut up and take my money!

Also Don't give me that crap saying "Oh no man, Pokemon is better on handhelds." Ummm ya, because we've NEVER had a decently made Pokemon RPG on consoles like the handheld games. Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gald of Darkness do not count, They were terribly made and didn't even attempt to make a good RPG experience... You couldn't even go into the wild to catch pokemon... All you could do was catch dark pokemon and purify them. It was just a terrible concept from the start.

If a GOOD Pokemon RPG was made, in the same style as the handhelds but super good graphics, world, good online features, it would move consoles faster than any other game would. Make it an experience where you can go to different lands, and catch all the pokemon, battle tons of different gym leaders (more than 8) while building the perfect team for online battle!

It's seriously about time this was done... Please Nintendo, don't give us another crappy Pokemon stadium game. We don't want more of the same! We want something new and exciting!

NIntendo have done this it call Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gald of Darkness and yes they do count they were both great RPG's for the gamecube they might have been diffrent but they was still great
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#8Dstylez2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:20:24 PM
Phantom_Nook posted...
Dstylez2 posted...
Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gald of Darkness do not count, They were terribly made and didn't even attempt to make a good RPG experience

Wrong.

I had both of them and hated them. I might even have to say they were the most disappointing games of all time. All I wanted to do was go out into the wild, catch pokemon in full on 3d, battle gym leaders, and beat the elite 4 in 3d. Boy oh boy was I off! Those games were nothing like the pokemon RPG experience!
---
#9kingjam1Posted 3/27/2013 2:21:34 PM
Pokemon RPGs work better on portable consoles.
---
Can't think of anything
#10umn09Posted 3/27/2013 2:22:08 PM
I agree that there should be a console pokemon. It has been long enough. If they can connect monster hunter handheld to console, they should be able to do the same to pokemon.
---
If there is an intelligent designer, then why are you so ugly?