There needs to be a GOOD Pokemon RPG for consoles

#21bleachgamer3Posted 3/27/2013 2:00:23 PM
I would buy that so fast.
#22Baha05Posted 3/27/2013 2:01:31 PM
AlexPuma posted...
Correct, that's why Monster Hunter was a total flop on the Wii. Oh wait, it didn't flop? I guess RPGs made for handhelds done on consoles can be done!

What is is about Pokemon that can't be done with a console?

Different kind of RPG

Pokemon works far better on Handheld because of it's design. It's designed as an on the go RPG with a lot of local features. Mainly Trading and Battling.

Not to mention with the sheer number of Pokemon it'll be a cluster on a console and would most likely need handheld versions to carry it.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#23SlimeSwayzePosted 3/27/2013 2:07:56 PM
Baha05 posted...
AlexPuma posted...
Correct, that's why Monster Hunter was a total flop on the Wii. Oh wait, it didn't flop? I guess RPGs made for handhelds done on consoles can be done!

What is is about Pokemon that can't be done with a console?

Different kind of RPG

Pokemon works far better on Handheld because of it's design. It's designed as an on the go RPG with a lot of local features. Mainly Trading and Battling.

Not to mention with the sheer number of Pokemon it'll be a cluster on a console and would most likely need handheld versions to carry it.

Why couldn't trading and battling work online? And what is it about hunting in the wilderness and collecting Pokemon that makes it more conducive to being on-the-go gaming as opposed to just doing it on your couch? Especially considering the added benefit of the atmosphere and aesthetics that he Wii U could provide to simply exploring the world?

And I have no idea what you mean when you say the number of Pokemon would be a clutter on a console.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#24crazySurfertjePosted 3/27/2013 2:07:56 PM
Dstylez2 posted...
Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gald of Darkness do not count, They were terribly made and didn't even attempt to make a good RPG experience

Funny how those 2 are still my favourite pokemon games.

Your opinion =/= fact
---
No siggy
#25SlimeSwayzePosted 3/27/2013 2:10:07 PM
crazySurfertje posted...
Dstylez2 posted...
Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gald of Darkness do not count, They were terribly made and didn't even attempt to make a good RPG experience

Funny how those 2 are still my favourite pokemon games.

Your opinion =/= fact

Your opinion doesn't equal fact, either. But you certainly are in the minority, and there's not a lot of objective praise you can offer when it comes to those games. They simply aren't very good. Doesn't mean you can't like them, but it does mean you like a game that isn't very good. I've liked more than a few bad games myself, so I know how that is.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#26Baha05Posted 3/27/2013 2:13:30 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Why couldn't trading and battling work online? And what is it about hunting in the wilderness and collecting Pokemon that makes it more conducive to being on-the-go gaming as opposed to just doing it on your couch? Especially considering the added benefit of the atmosphere and aesthetics that he Wii U could provide to simply exploring the world?

And I have no idea what you mean when you say the number of Pokemon would be a clutter on a console.

Online Battling and Training is find but the portable nature would be removed on console. Besides there would still exist limitations on the Wii U and one wouldneed to consider world size and other things like trainers and Pokemon used.

Because using all Pokemon in the wild would clutter a lot of the game in terms of legendary Pokemon alone.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#27Dstylez2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:38:57 PM
Baha05 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

Online Battling and Training is find but the portable nature would be removed on console. Besides there would still exist limitations on the Wii U and one wouldneed to consider world size and other things like trainers and Pokemon used.

Because using all Pokemon in the wild would clutter a lot of the game in terms of legendary Pokemon alone.

Lol it would have a lot less limitations on the Wii U than the 3ds... Everything that pokemon does on the 3ds can be done better on the Wii U if it is implemented properly. Nintendo has just never put in any effort for it. Pokemon stadium games literally take no thought what so ever, that's why they are so boring. We need a good console pokemon RPG that surpasses the handheld versions. It would sell amazingly and would completely revive the Wii U.
---
Pokemon SS friend code: 3868 0319 8173
#281_DerPosted 3/28/2013 1:32:40 AM
Dstylez2 posted...
Let me start off by saying that if Nintendo made a Full On Pokemon RPG for the Wii U (like the handheld versions) EVERYONE I know would be buying a Wii U. I mean seriously, Shut up and take my money!

Also Don't give me that crap saying "Oh no man, Pokemon is better on handhelds." Ummm ya, because we've NEVER had a decently made Pokemon RPG on consoles like the handheld games. Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gald of Darkness do not count, They were terribly made and didn't even attempt to make a good RPG experience... You couldn't even go into the wild to catch pokemon... All you could do was catch dark pokemon and purify them. It was just a terrible concept from the start.

If a GOOD Pokemon RPG was made, in the same style as the handhelds but super good graphics, world, good online features, it would move consoles faster than any other game would. Make it an experience where you can go to different lands, and catch all the pokemon, battle tons of different gym leaders (more than 8) while building the perfect team for online battle!

It's seriously about time this was done... Please Nintendo, don't give us another crappy Pokemon stadium game. We don't want more of the same! We want something new and exciting!

I would buy a wii u just to play that game.

And lol @ anyone who said xd/col were proper main series pokemon rpg's... I literally laughed out loud. I loved both of them, they were nice spin-offs, but they aren't even close.

We need a proper, pokemon rpg on the the Wii U!
---
Master Gamer.
#29TheWhoFanPosted 3/28/2013 1:51:37 AM
1_Der posted...
I would buy a wii u just to play that game.

And lol @ anyone who said xd/col were proper main series pokemon rpg's... I literally laughed out loud. I loved both of them, they were nice spin-offs, but they aren't even close.

We need a proper, pokemon rpg on the the Wii U!

If it's a "proper" Pokémon game, then it's a handheld game. Period. Deal with it.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#30ukokira1Posted 3/28/2013 2:10:17 AM
Then you sorta lose the "pocket" in "Pocketmonsters"
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.